New BDS recoil traction bars

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
What are the experts thoughts on the new bds recoil trac bars? Kinda a neat idea, but I'm not familiar enough with geometry under load/power with these trucks. You guys think they would help at the track vs standard bars? I'm getting ready to order some bars for my truck,maybe give these a shot as its also my dd.

Pretty pricey....850 ish...

http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=12555

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
The coil in long tube gives you the same results as clamping the over load. Limits axle wrap but does not eliminate it. Caltrac rattle can be fixed with a bike tube or unloading them when not in use.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The coil in long tube gives you the same results as clamping the over load. Limits axle wrap but does not eliminate it. Caltrac rattle can be fixed with a bike tube or unloading them when not in use.

this bar setup would be better than just clamping the overload to the leafs. mainly because you can add or relieve tension and at 3000lbs per inch of spring compression, its going to work better.

the ONLY issue i see is salt. it will get in there and you will get rust. that sliding tube will stick or wear out quick and the spring will rust. if they have some kind of way to really seal out the dirt and salt, it would be nice setup.

these are still a good all around setup but will never be like cal-tracs. I would be very curious if they stop noticable wrap when loaded down, big power, heavy throttle. would be something i could see sled guys using if the spring is strong enough to stay out of coil bind under power and load. that little bit of give could help on tacky tracks.

c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO
The heim joint side of the bar will knock after some use. Once mine strted to knock i cant get them to stop.
From what i have read, you have to just buy new heim joints to stop the rattle.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
The heim joint side of the bar will knock after some use. Once mine strted to knock i cant get them to stop.
From what i have read, you have to just buy new heim joints to stop the rattle.

Just an assumption but I would think the spring loaded bars would help the heim joints live longer.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
those are rebuildable heim joints. you should be able to replace the inner races to tighten them back up. generally they use a poly style bushing in them and they dont last very long. i prefer the rebuildable joints from Ballistic fab. not sure if the thread size is the same but may be an option to swap to. otherwise a good non servicable heim would be the next best replacement.