New Allison BiDirectional Controls from EFILive

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
how do you get the new controls to try or do you have any idea when they will be released to the public thanks for any help

They are currently in public beta testing. If you go to efilive.com/forum and become a member you can search for the beta software and download it. Get the April 14th release.

BEWARE THERE STILL MAY BE BUGS!!! thats why its called a beta release, because there might still be problems that can "cook" your v2, or ecm.

I took the risk one because i'm young and foolish, two because I like being part of the testing process that may make it better for the rest of us. Though a small part at that I get the nice warm and fuzzy feeling that though I may not be even close to the best with efi I can still give a little back :hug:

-Kyle

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
EFI CREW:

As of now I have all the DVT's except for the following working in the LBZ controller.....

-Water in Fuel Lamp
-Cooling fan speed
-VNT Target position (If this is based on what the tune calls for then the problem is on my end, still gotta play with it some more)

I'll let you know if anything else comes up

-Kyle

jdugie123

Apr 1, 2008
i can't tell what to download do i do the stuff for the BBL or is there a specific download for the bi directional controls

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Ok well i dint yet see any one testing for the lmm so i went ahead and downladed the new beta software and so far all of the allison bio dir controlls work including tap reset selctive taps gear hold tcc lock and all the others.
also tested the swicth controlls on the ecm part. and the water in fuel lamp works for mine it. comes up on the dic and now wont shut off .i dont belive this is a feture on the lbzs but could be wrong any ways so far thts the only bug i have incountered. not sure why the mesege is stuck on the dic? the allison controlls are really cool and will be veryy usefull

i am a member but i couldn't find anything i will look again

DVT's are apart of the latest BBL download. You'll find the instructions and download here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7809.

ONLY upgrade to this BETA software if you are comfortable that it's test software. Be comfortable that you may render your FlashScan unusable for a period of time (several units failed in the April 7th BETA, and although no failures have been reported in the April 14th BETA it's still a consideration). Also, make sure you have a PLAN B incase your truck goes down (either a spare ECM or another vehicle) should you encounter any problems.

The point I'm trying to make is it's test software - if something goes wrong it may take a couple of days to pin point the issue and a few more days to write code to fix it - so ONLY BETA test if you can "cope" with these type of issues.

Ok well i dint yet see any one testing for the lmm so i went ahead and downladed the new beta software and so far all of the allison bio dir controlls work including tap reset selctive taps gear hold tcc lock and all the others.
also tested the swicth controlls on the ecm part. and the water in fuel lamp works for mine it. comes up on the dic and now wont shut off .i dont belive this is a feture on the lbzs but could be wrong any ways so far thts the only bug i have incountered. not sure why the mesege is stuck on the dic? the allison controlls are really cool and will be veryy usefull

Water in Fuel lamp has been added to the known issues list. Ross is looking into it.

Cheers
Cindy

jdugie123

Apr 1, 2008
ya i know it is test software and it is always good to be one of the ones that helps get new things going

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
ok update. after truck sat all night the mesge does not come on any more :D

looks like mabey it fixed itself