New 2015 Want to delete

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Hi all, I finally found a truck that had everything I wanted 2 weeks ago. Its a 2015.5 Denali with 30k miles. I really want to delete it, I feel like it is the best thing for the truck long term. I know I'm going to lose the warranty and I don't really care, that's just the price you pay to be a badass I guess.:roflmao: I still will bring my truck into the dealer ship for oil changes and stuff. Just curious to what other peoples experiences have been with the dealer and a deleted truck. What do they say? has anyone ever had anything warrantied with a deleted truck because the dealer was too ignorant? Im debating on just doing the delete pipes and leaving the tank or full 5" and get rid of all of it.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
If you have been a loyal customer to them in the past and aren't a dick and don't raise a stink every time you go in you'll have a way better chance at getting warranty repairs bit it really depends what it is and their mood and or their own dealer policy. The Chevy dealer I worked at did stuff on tuned and deleted trucks but never if the damage was too closely related to the issue. Like a tuned lbz with a cracked piston... That's a dead giveaway. It's all just a crap shoot weather or not they will cooperate but more and more nowadays they will not because in the end it is a federal offence to tamper with emissions.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
After reading thousands of post about deleting and the current situation with the EPA and CARB joining forces in 2017, using safety inspections looking for emissions equipment in a few states and a few other creative ways to find non-compliant vehicles. It would not surprise if the dealers at some point would forced not to service deleted vehicles. Have you looked into just tuning the truck with the emissions equipment intact and even then it is still a federal offense....

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
That makes sense. I'm hoping not to crack any pistons or blow a trans, just small stupid stuff. I don't mind paying out of pocket, but I was just curious.

I don't want to tune with emissions intact, I think that is just asking for problems, clogging up that dpf more. The whole reason I want to delete, isn't really for the power but get rid of the DEF.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
After reading thousands of post about deleting and the current situation with the EPA and CARB joining forces in 2017, using safety inspections looking for emissions equipment in a few states and a few other creative ways to find non-compliant vehicles. It would not surprise if the dealers at some point would forced not to service deleted vehicles. Have you looked into just tuning the truck with the emissions equipment intact and even then it is still a federal offense....

If the EPA wants this crap and CARB does as well then it should be lifetime warranty on it all, if you have a truck and this crap is forced upon you and the cost to keep it running becomes so prohibitive that it makes no sense to have it anymore then what ??

If the Car Makers had to eat it until the truck was dead and gone they would fight it harder.

I would also refuse to sell anything in CA.....it would not take long when no person there could buy anything new for them to change their ways about this nonsense.

Its all a scam.....and when you spend $60k-$70k and it spends time in the shop for faulty sensors and will run fine deleted most people say screw it and delete, its better for the motor and the owner.

:thumb:

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Dealers around here try to weasel out of everything. In my 11 half ton chevy the main fuse box under the hood crapped out and they tried to accuse me of flooding the truck because it had a small lift and there were waterspots under the hood. Funny that a few months earlier my uncles 11 sierra had the same issue and no questions asked. Even better was when they refused to diagnose an issue because i had a k&n filter in the stock air box that had been on for 20k miles. Then after I bought a paper filter from them and changed it in the parking lot they said it needed piston rings. When they tore it down and rings were fine they concluded the ecm was bad which they blamed on the tune that i had on it which was only to correct the speedo. Now I can understand that reasonably being my fault but then they acted like they were doing me a favor for not billing me for the tear down on their misdiagnosis. They also refused to diagnose a vehicle that was out of warranty for a miss because it didn't have delco plugs in it.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I have a great relationship with my dealer, but they are waaaayy uptight about doing anything warranty. GM really got better at monitoring the dealers activities. I don't ask for favors from my buddy any longer because I do not want him to lose his job. he still discounts for me, but no more warranty work if there is any question about the vehicle being stock. I agree with Tony about the warranty for emissions. My truck spent4 different visits to the shop for emissions related items and I only have 50k miles on it. Out of warranty now and won't have any more emissions issues.

2010LMM

Jun 2, 2015
Dropping the truck off for oil changes ,forget that I did that while it was under warranty what a mistake. I quickly learned how to do all the fluid services myself and save a ton of money each year. GM warranty failed to do anything for 2 wiring harnesses and rust spots on my roof. They did replace the dpf filter once . The minute it was out of warranty I deleated it and went from 18mpg to 25 mpg at 75mph on the highway .

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
If the EPA wants this crap and CARB does as well then it should be lifetime warranty on it all, if you have a truck and this crap is forced upon you and the cost to keep it running becomes so prohibitive that it makes no sense to have it anymore then what ??

+1000

GMC_2002_Dmax said:
Its all a scam.....and when you spend $60k-$70k and it spends time in the shop for faulty sensors and will run fine deleted most people say screw it and delete, its better for the motor and the owner.

:thumb:

Yup.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk