New 2003 duramax owner with ?

rodman68

Dec 9, 2015
Tumwater, WA
Ok purchased a 2003 duramax with the ZF6 and have an issue. Every once in a while usually when the engine is cold it will buck and snort when in lower RPM's seems to be around 1000rpms or so. My other question is got a PPE economy and after the tune at around 1900 rpms this thing will act like you gave it half throttle did it around a corner and the tires let loose. I went back to the original tune and it doesn't do this issue sent an email to PPE two weeks ago and no response back, any ideas? My concern is maybe the original tune is not a factory tune.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Welcome to the forum,
Is this your first diesel? I ask because I wonder if you are just feeling the turbo spool at 1900ish rpms? Might have to describe the buck amd snort a little more, just first gear? Or every gear at 1000 rpm's?

rodman68

Dec 9, 2015
Tumwater, WA
Not my first diesel got a 2002 7.3 power stroke and had some ford IDI engines including the turbo version. Forgot to add this after about 2100 the power surge ends its like only from 1900 to 2100 rpms. The buck and snort will usually happen in 2nd and 3rd I never start out in 1st. Happens in lower rpms and with light throttle acts like you are giving it fuel and letting off the fuel rapidly.