Need new Remote start/alarm for my LBZ. Astrostart died.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
So my old Astrostart 2205U died it looks like. Anyone still know anything about theses to confirm it’s dead?

Any one have any Recommendation on what’s a good alarm to get nowadays? With modern vehicles coming with this kind of stuff I almost feel like these are becoming obsolete, and I don’t want to go with a brand it’s going to go under anyday.

FIY to those of you who have been around a while I called up Tony(MaxPower) our vender for these back in the DP days. I found out he passed away last year... Great guy, always very helpfull.

Attachments

• EE65CAD0-CD94-438F-93A1-32061D614DFD.jpeg
    EE65CAD0-CD94-438F-93A1-32061D614DFD.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 20

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I've had great luck with Omega and Compustar. The best thing I ever did was put LTE on my LB7 for remote start/unlock. Makes it insanely nice for starting the truck while at work.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
So my old Astrostart 2205U died it looks like. Anyone still know anything about theses to confirm it’s dead?

Any one have any Recommendation on what’s a good alarm to get nowadays? With modern vehicles coming with this kind of stuff I almost feel like these are becoming obsolete, and I don’t want to go with a brand it’s going to go under anyday.

FIY to those of you who have been around a while I called up Tony(MaxPower) our vender for these back in the DP days. I found out he passed away last year... Great guy, always very helpfull.

That's terrible to hear about MaxPower (Tony) as I do fondly remember him from the DP days! How'd he pass away? He wasn't very old I didn't think.

Also sucks to hear that your remote start died. Keeping an eye on this thread as I'd like to add one to our 02 dmax.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
That's terrible to hear about MaxPower (Tony) as I do fondly remember him from the DP days! How'd he pass away? He wasn't very old I didn't think.

You know I didn’t think to ask since it caught me off guard. I gave them my condolences and let them go.