Need Intercooler measurements

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Anyone got a Dmax intercooler lying around that can get me the measurements off it?

I need:

1) Height and width of the core

2) Thickness of core

3) Overall width from side of tank to side of tank over it's longest cross-section. I'd also need the measurement from the outside of the tank at the inlet to the outside of the tank at the outlet if thats not the longest width. (I hope that was clear as mud what I needed)

Also, if anyone has a 2nd gen Cummins intercooler, I need those same dimensions for that one, too.

The Brick and I thank you in advance.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Core width 37 5/8
Core height 18 7/8
Overall widest tank to tank 45 3/4
Outlet to inlet 45 5/8
Core thickness 1 5/8

I grabbed those quick before I left for work I can confirm them later if no one gets a chance to get you other ones.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Here is an lbz cooler
picture.php

It is largest across the bottom, from outside to outside of inlet/outlet is
44 3/4
Height is
20 1/2
Width is
1 9/16
Center of mounting post to center post is
40 1/2 on a half inch dowel
Total overall height from bottom to top is
appx 21inches
all these measurements are of the whole cooler not just the core, i think thets what you wanted?
I have the core out and can give you measurements anytime, its for sale too if you want to buy one i'll sell it to ya cheap

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks guys. Thats helps me a lot.

This was the type of Dodge intercooler I was talking about:
images

43911_icon-img-2nd_gen_ic_small.jpg

Core Height: 16"
Core Width: 36"
Core thickness: 2-3/8"
Inlet/outlet ID: 3-1/4"
Tank-to-tank: 45-1/4"

Last edited:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You going to retro that into the stack for your dmax?

Yes. I really dont want to do the progressive 2" lift to fit the Dmax rad/IC into the 1/2 ton. Then Id have to buy a new grille, bumper, core support, etc. I have roughly 18" of height, and about 48" width to play with. The Dodge IC may work out. My rough measurements show that the IC outlets will be comfortably outside the frame rails, and high enough where I wont have to cut anything. I may even be able to use the gasser ECM placement on the core support. :) I possibly found one for $100 near me, just waiting for a return email.

Thanks AJ. Those guys make some wonderful products, but they arent within my price range.

Last edited:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
The lb7 intercooler fits with the top 2 corners lopped off and the brackets rewelded on. Ask me how I know

Last edited:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I built a turbo gasser 1500 gmc, and I used a dmax intercooler, a little tight, but fits with a little modding. No need for a new core support.

Last edited: