Need ideas for more power

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'll give you an example from personal experience. Back in 2008 I had a rclb lb7, 40 overs, single 4202, robs tuning. Truck went consistent 11.80-11.85. I thought the same thing and added dual fuelers, same tuning. Truck went 11.78 best pass next time out. Only reason it picked up anything was on the single stock cp3 it was calling for 24k and was dropping to 22k, dual fuelers kept rail at 24k. I could of added some pulsewidth and picked up a lot more but I never did, granted this was back in the early days of efi when 40 overs were huge and anything over 500hp on a SBE and you got down and said a couple hail Marys before making a pass.
That's what I was getting at. Even under peak power when demanded rail pressure goes up quick a stock cp3 won't react as quick to fulfill the request for more fuel, when bigger nozzles are involved. Will it outrageous gains? Nah, but It was noticeable for me anyway. I'm not suggesting it'll make more power than the tune calls for, just makes sure you are getting all of it all the time.

Reactions: Skummz

Skummz

Mar 29, 2022
I'll give you an example from personal experience. Back in 2008 I had a rclb lb7, 40 overs, single 4202, robs tuning. Truck went consistent 11.80-11.85. I thought the same thing and added dual fuelers, same tuning. Truck went 11.78 best pass next time out. Only reason it picked up anything was on the single stock cp3 it was calling for 24k and was dropping to 22k, dual fuelers kept rail at 24k. I could of added some pulsewidth and picked up a lot more but I never did, granted this was back in the early days of efi when 40 overs were huge and anything over 500hp on a SBE and you got down and said a couple hail Marys before making a pass.
Okay okay I see yeah I will most likely get it retuned than and talk to mark because this truck is definitely more toy than anything I have a stock truck for towing so I’m looking for hotter tunes to push the truck closer to its limits the good thing is if anything happens before I get into the lower end I have a few spares so I’m more than less looking for that fine line haha but I still think I would rather go the 12mm rather than duals I like the clean look of a single more also

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The good old days.