Need help with injector size selection

Duramaxlly_novgt

Jan 6, 2019
Okay so I’m new to this fourm and just seeking advice. I recently decided to headstud my truck and to go with a S369SX-E turbo because my stock one was on the way out. Now come to find out after I sent my injectors our for testing they come back toasted. So I figure why go stock when I will end up replacing them with a larger injector in the future. I have a fleece CP3K and I was just wondering what size injectors it can support or if I will need to end up just putting a stock pump over my pump now. Really not trying to go to high because I don’t want to create a sightglass through my block. The truck is a 2005 LLY, it’s already got a ppe stage 5 trans and triple disc converter, bd flex plate, Rudy’s egr delete, ppe manifolds and uppipes, and a few other small things. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
60s should be enough to make the turbo happy and get timing back where it should be, but not be to much for your cp3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Personally I'd go with a quality set of 100% over injectors. That will pull timing back and make it run safer plus giving you tons of room to grow. Your current CP3K will be your limiting factor BUT dual stock pumps and 100% are a great match WHEN you decide to build the motor and can easily run at a power level to keep both your CP3K and stock rods happy.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I would recommend a set of 60-100% injectors for your build, let me know and we will get you setup here at LDS!

Duramaxlly_novgt

Jan 6, 2019
Okay so if I do go out and put another just stock pump on the truck and I’m going to have the issue of loosing fuel press over 3krpms? The bottom end is stock so I would just have them tone the injectors way down to a 45% or so power level

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Okay so if I do go out and put another just stock pump on the truck and I’m going to have the issue of loosing fuel press over 3krpms? The bottom end is stock so I would just have them tone the injectors way down to a 45% or so power level

45% overs will window the block when pushed with enough injection pump. Don't think about it as "take my injectors back to XX% over in tuning", let the tuner do their job (that is why you pay them after all).

A good tuner will make the truck drive great as well as be relatively safe. You can purchase CP3K/Exergy Sportsman/S&S Supersport/Modded Stocker down the road. With 100% overs I don't think you will have a major drop off nor will you be spending tons of time over 3000rpm unless you have a big single as that is where they really sing or if you do alot of sled pulling.

Simply tell your tuner the following you want stock bottom end safe tunes as well as provide them with what injectors you have, what pump you have, what turbo you have, what converter/trans setup etc. You will run out of injection pump really before you hurt the motor. A stock displacement pump isn't typically good for much more than 600-650hp MAX if its super healthy.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
At what point do big injectors become a draw back for a DD? Hard cold starts, haze at idle, drop in MPG, and all that kind of fun stuff? I am thinking about putting in a set of 100% overs, but I am not sure it is worth trade off for my power goal.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
At what point do big injectors become a draw back for a DD? Hard cold starts, haze at idle, drop in MPG, and all that kind of fun stuff? I am thinking about putting in a set of 100% overs, but I am not sure it is worth trade off for my power goal.

My truck with 250s and good tuning isn't awful. I got on average 16-18mpg at 62mph and 14-15mpg at 80mph cruise set with 265/75r16 and 3.73 gears. I was running a bullseye batmo S475/87/1.00 this past summer. That said anything over 100% IMO is where things drop BUT that also has to do with turbo setup etc. If you have an efficient turbo setup (compounds vs a big single like myself) I bet you wouldn't drop any economy or driveability.