Need help with EPR twin kit

Lofti7

Dumber than I look.
Mar 28, 2012
Utah
I have a twin kit on my lmm 475 over stocker I am leaking a lot of oil it's from the seal between the turbo and the stand that Trent uses as a drain tube when I was in Utah I had to have Trent fix it, I assume its the same thing this time.
Any way I need new gasket. Or can I use some gasket maker? Thanks for the help guys wish Trent was still around to help my sorry butt!

Lofti7

Dumber than I look.
Mar 28, 2012
Utah
I'm just not sure where to start looking found some that look like they will work on eBay but no specs on them just seem to be included in rebuild kits

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
You can buy gasket material at just about any auto parts store then just cut out the size and shape you need. Then coat both sides of it in RTV and your good to go.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Go to any heavy truck store like fleet pride or big truck dealer. Most all there drain gaskets are the same size.

Lofti7

Dumber than I look.
Mar 28, 2012
Utah
I cant seem to keep this gasket alive for more than a day, am I missing something? what would cause this to fail?

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Maybe the "support bracket" isnt flat. Take a flat file and make sure it is true and flat. From welding that part of the bracket can warp. "Draw filing" in two directons 45 degrees to eachother works well to flatten something like that. Good luck. :)

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Are the gasket surfaces clean? Check to make sure the surfaces are flat and also make sure there isn't a restriction in the drain tube. If everything is ok, then take a new gasket and lather the shit out of it with some black silicone, then put it back together but you'll need to let it set for a day.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Ck to make sure the surface is flat as mentioned above... What do the gaskets look like when you take them out, are you using some sort of silicone sealer on both sides?

Sometimes the silicone will make the gaskets slip or pooch out because the silicone is slick. When you tighten the bolts the slickness of the silicone and gasket will cause it to slip out from between the two joints. You can use a little contact adhesive to help hold them in place while tightening the bolts.

Lofti7

Dumber than I look.
Mar 28, 2012
Utah
When Trent installed it i lost a gasket within a week after that was replaced it made it almost 12,000 miles, I was there when his guy installed it, just a gasket nothing else, I ordered a hand full of them so ill try everything suggested, I appreciate the advise guys I'll post update after each try.

Shime

May 21, 2013
I had the same problem with my kit from Trent. The problem was the bolt that went though the bracket to the turbo were to long. They would bottom out in the turbo without clamping the gasket tight. I placed a few extra washers, and it has held for two years.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I had the same problem with my kit from Trent. The problem was the bolt that went though the bracket to the turbo were to long. They would bottom out in the turbo without clamping the gasket tight. I placed a few extra washers, and it has held for two years.

I would start with this^^^

There is no reason you should be blowing oil out. The gasket is pretty thick and if it was over pressuring the drain tube, you will get oil past the turbo seals before out the drain tube gasket. It would have to be pretty warped to leak.

Lofti7

Dumber than I look.
Mar 28, 2012
Utah

this fixed it for me, new bolts with a spring lock on them and a gasket coated with black rtv a few thousand miles put on and everything is good, thanks for the help.