Need help with air pressure sensors

sik 07

Dec 26, 2009
Got some new fuel wheels and 35" nitto trail grapplers yesterday but the air pressure sensor light is still on. The guys at discount tire said it would take a few miles for them to reset but I've already put 100 miles and still it's on. What can I do to reset them?
Thanks

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I deal with TPMS all day everyday. But I deal mostly with Nissans. Some things you can try to help find the problem is first, make sure you have enough pressure. You might have to do a re-learn on them to register them to the truck. Not sure how to do it on the Chevy's. Someone else might be able to post that. Another thing you can try is find someone that has a TPMS tool to see if you can just read them. That could tell you if one is bad. If it won't read or it says the pressure is WAY different than what you know you have in it, then the sensor is bad. Hope this helps, and if you have any questions or didn't understand what I wrote, let me know and I will try to re-word it for ya. Sometimes I confuse myself with what I say/type. :D

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Is the light just on steady? Does it say 'Check Tire Pressure'? Or is it flashing and say 'Sevice Tire Monitor System'?

If it is just steady on and saying a tire is low you may have to reprogram the tire pressures in the remote control door lock receiver, as your new tires may not be rated for the 80psi in the rear that GM has it set at. Anyone with a Tech II can program that. Dealers may be hesitant as this sorta violates a federal law.

If the light is flashing and it says 'Service Tire Monitor' something is wrong and either a sensor was broken or not learned right. If that's the case you can try to relearn your tires yourself using this procedure:

1. Turn the key to the run position
2. Press and hold both the lock and unlock on your key fob. The horn should honk and 'Tire Learning' should pop up on the dash.
3. Go to the left front tire and start deflating the tire until the horn honks. Proceed to the RF tire and do the same thing, followed by the RR then the LR (fyi the turn signal will light up for what ever tire your on)
4. After the left rear tire it should honk twice. The light will probably be on as your tires are all low now. Air up the tires to GM's specs and drive it. The light should shut off in a block.

Last edited:

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
I have an 07 also and have issue with sensors also. The dealer wanted $$$ to reset so I unhooked the battery for a couple hrs and they reset themselves.