LB7: need help please

brj833

Jan 23, 2010
:( the truck seems to surge just above idle like say wen i am at a stop light and begin to move forward it is only for maybe 100 rpm and not very bad it also does it in reverse the same way and in park if i just tap the gas lightly the truck is running fine otherwise and i just changed the fuel filter which did not change it at all. could it be just a bad tank of fuel.i was trying to listen to it better today i can hear it in the exhaust more then anything but thats becasue its stacks and it may not quite be a surge more like a pulsating noise it seems uniform wen it does it and happens the most and is most noticeable right after i stop then release the brake and begin to roll. when looking at the tach there is no visible change in the rpm but its making this noise it almost seems like it is getting air or something but have checked and primed it numerous times. also it doesnt seem to be doing it at a dead stop or when giving it any gas. sorry for the long post but any help is much appreciated thanks

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
try running a mix of 8oz power service and 8oz of 2-stroke oil for a couple tanks. maybe be the injection pump needs a little lube. i had this problem and this fix seems to work for me in the past

brj833

Jan 23, 2010
That would be cheaper then what some other people are telling me they are saying it may be the fuel pressure regulator again although i just changed that less then 6 months ago

brj833

Jan 23, 2010
Nope only mods are in my sig only thing is that i dont have the tuner in right now

brj833

Jan 23, 2010
anyone else ??? this thing is really bugging me ...

Last edited:

brj833

Jan 23, 2010
One other thing that i noticed its doing is wen i first start it it doesnt seem to do it but once i drive a little is wen it starts and this doesnt depend on temperatures it will do it with thye motor hot or cold :confused:

brj833

Jan 23, 2010
God damnit4 ... anyone know if there is a way to test if its the fpr and how to test it