Need help, LB7 no start

Feb 3, 2014
San Diego
Well, figured this damn thing out finally. One stupid injector was returning all of the rail pressure back to the tank. Started capping off one injector at a time until the truck started, low and behold, cap off #4 and it fired right up! Happy and pissed all at the same time.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Feb 3, 2014
San Diego
So, now after a few around town trips, truck is knocking, coming from the left bank. Doesn't matter cold or hot, getting a bit of smoke now when I first start to pull away from a stop, and a lot when it downshifts and speeds up on the freeway. Don't notice any knock at higher rpm, only about 1000 and under. Also at idle it stumbles a lot, enough to make it lurch.

Any ideas?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Cut your losses, swap them for exergy and be done.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2014
San Diego
Looked in my coolant tank this morning, it's low again, so I'm using coolant. I guess I will just pull all of the injectors on that bank, pull the cups, seal them up with new O-rings and Loctite, put it all back together and hope for the best. Damn I'm getting tired of working on this thing....

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Wow. None of them look good but 1 and 8.

BlackHillsHD

Wrench Swinger
Aug 16, 2014
Rapid City, SD
With a rate of 15, and white smoke, I would say you have a hole in your piston. Would do a compression test on that hole before anything else. Blow by out the oil fill with the engine running?

Feb 3, 2014
San Diego
Wow. None of them look good but 1 and 8.

No, they all look a bit off, but I'm going to start with 2 obviously, and 5 at the same time, hoping that the rest will even out from trying to overcome the bad injectors in 5 and 2....we'll see.