Need DSP5 help :(

$Smokin_Duradog$

Sep 16, 2006
Goshen, IN
Hey everyone looking for some help understanding how to build a DSP5 tune. I had read that your base tune needs to be something that is pretty hot to start with?? Is this correct?

What I am looking to build is a DSP5 that has Stock tune as base.
Position #1 as a Tow tune
Position #2 as a Performance Tune
Position #3 as a HOT tune
Position #4 as McRat

From my very limited understanding of EFI Live after I saved the stock tune then I changed the OS to DSP5 and the truck Im doing this on is a 2004 LB7 so I used the DSP5 LB7 late metric script. I ran the script and then saved it and reopend now I have a DSP5 tune with the custom calibration tables open.

Now the kick in the pants to me is I have like 9 tables I can adjust and far as I can tell they dont change from a STOCK tune to a McRat tune??? I comprared those tables from McRat and Stock and they are identical?? SO do I need to write some totally different type of script to be able to change all the engine calibration from 1 tune to the next?? Because with this script they give you in EFI Live I dont see how you would ever have any different tune from position 0-4?? If anyone could explain to me what I am missing here it would be so great!! TY as always in advance for the info :D

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
you want to have your big tune, or the one with the most changes to it as the base tune

and easy way to start of it to make a copy of your big tune and convert the copied oned to dsp5 and then populate the fields to the other tunes.

Guy has some scrips for dsp tunes you can run, it helps start off everything stock ready to be modified

http://www.socaldiesel.com/Trippin_Scripts.zip

Last edited:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
start with your mcrat as the base tune and populate your dsp positions down or up from there

Base = McRat
dsp1 = Hot
dsp2 = performance
dsp3 = tow
dsp4 = mileage/close to stock as possible

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
clockwise? my Moonshine DSP5 tunes are in Counterclockwise order, but maybe thats just how Tony sets it up, dunno. smallest tune to the right and biggest to the left

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
clockwise? my Moonshine DSP5 tunes are in Counterclockwise order, but maybe thats just how Tony sets it up, dunno. smallest tune to the right and biggest to the left
thats set up like I posted earlier, biggest is the base or all the way left ;)

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com

yeah, im talkinbackwards backwards, tunes would get smaller going clockwise if you set it up like that which is still the same as them get bigger going counter clockwise