Need advise on egr delete

bigjohn

GMC Dmax
Oct 13, 2012
Westview Pa
I've been looking at the delete pipes for the egr and I'm not sure what's the best fit. Is there a company that you guys recommend. And if I decide to put it on will It mess with the computer that's the only thing that I'm sure about or should I have a shop put it on what do you think that it will cost. Don't have a EFI live. Not interested in makin major horse power just looking for longevity of the engine can't be good recycling exhaust through the motor. And I already clean the the intake pipe and the egr valve out don't want to keep doing that every so often. Any info would help thanks.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Profab gets my vote, just installed his delete on my dually. Fit like a glove.
Get your egr deleted, reroute the pcv and you have yourself a good reliable LBZ.

you will need programming of some sort, though.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
There are several good kits from the vendors here. Allseason, HSP, ProFab all have good kits and you will need some tuning to turn off the CEL codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I've been looking at the delete pipes for the egr and I'm not sure what's the best fit. Is there a company that you guys recommend. And if I decide to put it on will It mess with the computer that's the only thing that I'm sure about or should I have a shop put it on what do you think that it will cost. Don't have a EFI live. Not interested in makin major horse power just looking for longevity of the engine can't be good recycling exhaust through the motor. And I already clean the the intake pipe and the egr valve out don't want to keep doing that every so often. Any info would help thanks.

I vote for All seasons/ DHD.

PERFECT FIT!!! And tons of options available for any build level or build goals!

Yes if you delete the EGR you will incur a engine light on the dash, you can get tuning that will just turn off the EGR sensor or complete tuning that will provide more power and have the EGR sensor turned off

Or you can deal with the light.

I suggest doing some forum searching about it, both tuning, the types of EGR "deletes" available and why you would want to use one way over another...

It sounds like an EGR blocker plate might be the best option for you, along with some tuning...

Happy hunting:hug:

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
id give any of the vendors here a call. profab, dhd, hsp all make kits. If you want/don't mind the egr stuff staying in the engine bay then get a blocker plate.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
TOTAL NEWB QUESTION:

I have the EGR CEL on. My banks scanner is telling me about it too. Im wondering how can I tell if I even have the EGR anymore. Guy before me coulda taken it off. My mechanic says the code generally means the EGR valve needs to be "cleaned".

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
My vote is HSP! Before finding out about them I did the cold pipe from SDP for the EGR delete and have no complaints what so ever! Also of you want longevity I highly recommend going to EFI and getting some basic custom tunes for what you have done!

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I believe the EGR valve needs to be in place and functional for the fingerstick to work properly.

X2, I only think the finger stick works with blocking the egr. You also have to turn off the butterfly valve in the bottom front where the EGR delete pipe goes in which can only be turned off with EFI

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Why not just install a blocker plate? IMO theres really no advantage to a delete unless your serious about making power. The blocker plate is cheap and easy to install, you will still need tuning or a fingers stick regardless.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Why not just install a blocker plate? IMO theres really no advantage to a delete unless your serious about making power. The blocker plate is cheap and easy to install, you will still need tuning or a fingers stick regardless.

To the OP this is what I would do unless you want to remove the egr.
Easiest way to go and likely the cheapest.

Long story short when I went to delete my EGR, end result was a new turbo, previously enjoyed p/s exhaust manifold, and alot of swearing!!!