Need Advice please on my diesel nightmare!

dieselinfomaniac

Dec 6, 2014
I'm new to this forum thing and in desperate need of some advice. I have a 04 GMC Sierra 2500 HD 6.6L Duramax LB7 that I replaced injectors, return line bolts, fuel filter & primer over last few weeks. I finally got it to start and it has good fuel flow but I have white smoke with misfire? First time I replaced injectors (December 2014) I had fuel spitting out of exhaust and replaced another bad injector. No codes. My brain is just overwhelmed and I'm not sure what to do next? Im ready to find a good diesel technician in Delaware or blow the truck up so Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Did you pull the injector cups or check to see if they were loose? Just ruling out a chance it's antifreeze leaking into a cylinder via an injector cup.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Then it looks like your looking at an injector. Balance rates should indicate which one.

squatn20s

Oct 24, 2011
Sorry to hear you are having issues, please give us a call & we'll see what we need to do to get your issue resolved. Andrew @ Injectors Direct 1-800-500-0980 x101

dieselinfomaniac

Dec 6, 2014
Update: Now the darn truck starts but engine has a timing like knock noise/rough idle and its losing prime after it sits. The dashboard that hasn't work in forever also has lights for the first time but just green dashes across odometer. Any more advice/help will be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk