Napa Water Pumps

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
i just want to tell everyone about a little problem i ran in to this weekend about napa truflow waterpumps.

I had a small oil leak from the from front cover after i replaced the waterpump 5,000 miles ago. i went ahead and put a new o-ring on the pump gear side and when i had the pump off i decided to inspect the impeller and the outer case. when i pulled it all apart i noticed the impeller was starting to rub on the outer case because of the impeller coming off the shaft:mad:

These pumps are lifetime warranty but im not to fond of pulling water pumps every oil change. i will be taking this one off again next oil change to check it out.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I ran into the samething ,sadly it is not just Napa pumps , OEM have been know to do it also , now no matter what pump i use I now weld the gears to shafts every time . Sorry to hear about your problem though i know how bad it sucks to pull one out after it fails so soon .

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have a Napa pump and when I was replacing my Tie rods this weekend it looks like it is leaking again:mad:

I haven't needed to add any coolant so I am just going to leave it for now

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
I ran into the samething ,sadly it is not just Napa pumps , OEM have been know to do it also , now no matter what pump i use I now weld the gears to shafts every time . Sorry to hear about your problem though i know how bad it sucks to pull one out after it fails so soon .

ive gotten to the point i can do a waterpump in about 2 hrs. besides its a relitivly easy job anyways but the part that pisses me off is i drain the coolant out of my truck more than i rotate the tires:eek:

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
I have a Napa pump and when I was replacing my Tie rods this weekend it looks like it is leaking again:mad:

I haven't needed to add any coolant so I am just going to leave it for now

The pump i just pulled off when you turned it it felt like it was grinding and the dam thing had a squeek:mad:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I havent had any issues with my NAPA pump. (But you know what'll happen now, right?)