LMM: Mystery Coolant leak

MasterN8er

Broke on a budget
Apr 28, 2020
Texas
I have a 2009 LMM. The EGR Cooler has been removed ("for offroad purposes") and im using Sinister Diesel's delete kit in its place. Basically its a silicone hose connected to the coolant lines in the firewall. The hose clamps that come with it seemed to come off every couple of months and empty my coolant. Ive since fixed that issue.

I noticed today my coolant light came on, I parked it where I could and let the engine cool of some before checking it out. So before I opened the reservoir cap I had no coolant in there what-so-ever. I then started to turn it and it all came up to where it needed to be. I added a little bit of water to be safe and sure enough the notification came back on.

I drove it 15 mins to home and I let it sit for about 3 hours. I just checked it and the reservoir is empty. I dont see any any visible leaks and my hose in the back is still on fully.

I was going to dig into it in the morning, any suggestions or ideas to look at or worry about? I just hit 130k miles.

Any feedback or help is appreciated! :)

MasterN8er

Broke on a budget
Apr 28, 2020
Texas
Alright so I just checked it added some water to see if it went anywhere. It didn't start leaking until I moved the truck and it appeared to come from the passenger side. Any ideas? Im about to take off my airbox to see if maybe tbe hose to the reservoir is ****ed

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Can you tell if its front or back of motor?

What about the coolant block off on the block/transmission adapter plate?

MasterN8er

Broke on a budget
Apr 28, 2020
Texas
From the water spot I found it looked to be from the front passenger side. I checked the hoses going to the intercooler and I couldnt find any holes or cuts. Im starting to wonder maybe my radiator took a shit

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Easiest thing to do is put a pressure tester on it. Borrow one from somebody, or loan it from the part store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk