My Win at Diesel Nationals 9/17/11

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Just wanted to post up a few videos and pics of my runs at the Diesel Nationals at Raceway Park this past weekend. I had an awesome time and didnt think I had a shot going down there at coming home with the trophy with 400+ trucks in the EXP class.

I didnt do much for prepping the truck for racing except fix the boost leak (still not fixed :mad: ) and clean it within an inch of its life :roflmao: as it is more of a show atmosphere. I convinced a buddy with a cummins to tow her town on a trailer wich ended up being a big mistake as the truck and trailer combo was just to much for his truck to handle. Lesson learned and ended up dring her home:thumb:

Now the good stuff!! Ran a whole bunch of 12.1xx's all in the 112mph range. To the tune of 9 of em. I had a dial in of 12.120 and had my worst run of 12.19x and all others being in that range. I had a 1/4 tank of fuel, no spare but didnt realize that I forgot to take my tailgate off until mid way through so I left it. Track prep was HORRIBLE so launching over 2000rpm was out of the questions (did make for one wild ride the one time I tried to launch harder :baby: ) 60's were in the 1.75ish range wich is terrible but to be expected with crappy track and my big and heavy 20's. I knew i wasnt going 11's this trip out but Im dieing to get there!

Ive been going to this event for years and its a great time and always wanted to take home the trophy. Considering its always on the weekend of my birthday, it couldnt have been a better birthday present to myself. Theres nothing better then having my girlfriend come back to the pits after a race and have her reporting to me all the people in the stands around her talking about how bad ass my truck is :woott:

On edit: I do want to thanks my buddies who have pushed me to open my wallet and buy go fast parts. I will say, they have always been there to not only spend my money, but put the sh*t on with me. They deserve that trophy as much as I do, so thanks guys. I think my girlfriend got her workout for the day. She was awesome running from the pits to the stands to film, and then back to find me. Since I kept on winning every race, I was in the sitting in the truck all day either in the staging lanes or off in the winners arena, so she was awesome and didnt here one bit of a complaint! It was her first time to any kind of event like this, and she seems interested in trying it out, so I plan on throwing her the keys next time....or she thinks!

Ill get some videos and some good pics up tonight, but heres one StrokerSmoker took:
[YOUTUBE]7aw0WGZ0kOY[/YOUTUBE]

Pics:
truck.jpg

truck and trophy.jpg

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 43
  • truck and trophy.jpg
    truck and trophy.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Thanks a lot guys and gal (Kat) :hug:. Still feelin pretty good about it.

s475 with race cover over stock unless hes cahnged something super secret i dont know about :D :hug:
Its just a polished standard cover fwiw and not the race cover. Wanted to see how far I could sqeeze it with the standard kit :cool:

Nice, looks like another awesome tuned truck from Tony.
You not kidding Justin, Tony's tunes are pretty nasty. I dont know how much fuel was is in my race tune, but I told him I want a rod bending tune....pretty sure I got it:happy2:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Thanks man :thumb:. I didnt know you guys werent going to be there, so I drove around looking for your camp! Get that thing running buddy.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
A great birthday weekend, congrats on winning and truck looks great as usual Kris!

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Yea, I wanted to go even tho I didn't have a truck, but I had a wedding to go too and couldn't do both. I just hope I can get one track day in this year and see what it will do;)