My new LB7!!!

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Well the ol 6.5 laid down on me for the last time!!! Injector pump went this time so I broke down n bought me a REAL work truck!! A low mile (yea wright) 02 2500hd cc LB7.... Always loved this body style and it's perfect for what I do!
picture.php
picture.php

Needs injectors of corse but no fuel n crank case yet. Gona do a few upgrades but nothing crazy.. Any suggestions would b appreciated.. Don't no a whole lot about LB7 n there prone to fail areas besides injectors.. It's has 310k on it but shifts smooth and pulls strong still. Took pan off n no metals flakes n it or filters.. No blow by out the filler and believe it or not the motor is clean with no leaks on it unlike my LBZ!! Lol so over all I think mechanically it's in pretty good shape for miles.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
And just to keep up with tradition my wife looks much better driving it then me!! Gotta love a woman n a Duramax!!!
picture.php

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Nice truck! If you need any injectors or help let us know.

Thank u sir I appreciate that... The rates on injectors are off but it only smokes after its warmed up and only at idle.. White smoke with a raw diesel smell but like I said no diesel in fuel and sometimes it don't smoke at all but most times after its warm and idling it will.. I run sum 2 strike oil in a couple tanks but didn't seem to help much..

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Might b u never know... I bought it outta Dallas Texas from a guy who owned it for 2 years on a cattle farm and he said a old man owned it Bf him and he had it on a ranch as well.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Thank u sir I really like the way it's set up.. Also like how it handles and pulls. It really surprised me on the power and it seems to have better throttle response then my LBZ...

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Few guys I've talked to that have owned lb7 thought they had better throttle response and low end compared to the others.

My friend I bought my LMM off of said his lb7 pulled harder than the LLY and the LMM he owned

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Thanks I have gotten to use to 4dr's to go back unless it's a reg cab race truck!! Lol plus with 3 kids n a wife it's nearly a must with goin to a rodeo every weekend.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Does anyone that owns an LB7 have any prob with there power steering and brake booster? I did a search n seems like everyone had a lot of different opinions about what was causing it to whine n b extremely hard to turn at low speeds esp pulling a trailer.. I seen several said it was prob air in the system but I don't think that's the case on this truck.. It seems to do it worse when the truck has been drove 30 min or more.. Anybody got sum good info or tips to help me? The fluid is full in both. When u press the brakes to the floor the start growling like the ABS is kicking in but never had any prob stopping and it will only do it if I press them to the floor..

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
First thing to do is flush the PS fluid. Pretty simple procedure. But...the pump might be going out.

The truck looks to be in decent shape. Never was a fan of bumpers like those, though.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Yes sir thank u that was next on my list. Prob hasn't been changed lol and yes sir a lot of people don't like these bumpers but I live out in the middle of no where and there are deer everywhere and I've done hit two this year. Totaled the deer n didn't even put a scratch on the truck. Lol plus cattle are bad about getting out around here and there have been a couple people killed in my area from hitting them late at night when it was foggy. A 1200 pound cow or 1800 pound bull will totlally wipe out a truck or car when u hit them at 60 mph... Lol that's y they call'em cow killers!! Ha but I do appreciate ur opinion and as always it's welcome.. That's what makes the world go round. If we all liked the same things it sure would b boring. Haha those bumpers also come in handy when the cows are calving and u got a ranchy mama Cow not wanting u close to her calf u can use it to push'em a little or when we're at a rodeo it's a good place to tie off ur horse Bc that bumper ain't goin no where!!!

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I can't own a truck without bumpers, it's a must with my lack of paying attn and where I live. Stock bumpers are clean but look like shit when there's a deer or random object hanging out of them.

Power steering flush will help for a bit. I have to run a large cooler to save pumps.

I had a 6x10 cooler on the LLY after eating 5 pumps and the last one made it almost 100k when I flooded the truck.

I have a factory GM gasser cooler on the LMM and it doesn't help at all. Working on pump number 3 at 78k miles.