My Lmm build

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Hey guys just looking for opinions on my build please let me know if I'm missing something..

Rebuild current motor:
Thermal clean and mag test block
Mag test + polish crank
Machine crank for 5mm key
Digitally balance rotating assembly
Pressure test + machine work on head
Rod, main and thrust bearings
Main Studs
Have arp head studs already
Upgraded oil pump plus nut
Oil cooler 19210615
SoCal 3388 AF cam
Fingers pistons-
Carrillo rods/howards rods haven't decided yet
SoCal Damper
Engine machine work- (mains, deck to mains, cylinder walls etc)
Complete engine gasket kit
Rocker stud kit
Billet injector hold downs + studs
Pinned water pump
Currently running 40 over sticks thinking about going bigger?
Truck still tows occasionally and is driven on a weekly basis and raced 4 weekends a year.
I generally don't hotrod the truck it is on the tow tunes 99% of the time.

Haven't decided on whether or not I should do a girdle or not what's everyone's opinion? Also on rods I'm leaning towards the howards more and more. Billet flex plate necessary?

Let me know what you guys think thanks!

Last edited:

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Sorry guys reading it myself I realize that was a little hard to follow, just wondering if you guys think I should add anything. Just wanna make sure I get it right the first time!

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
The cam he mentioned should be keyed already. I'd key the oil pump as well, It's cheep insurance. As far as the girdle, mine is over built, 1/2 filled block, billet main caps and 1/2 inch girdle. I like the idea of the extra pushing on the caps to keep from flexing. You'll get mixed reviews on them.

I do not tow with mine, it's a street toy

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
The trucks got 150000km (90000 miles) on it. Head gaskets are on their way out, upper rad hose is rock hard. That's why I'm building now, I'm leaning towards a 68mm3794/sxe 480/488 or maybe even a Garrett 4718 if funding allows. I have lowered my goals a bit for the time being as I think they were slightly unrealistic. That's a good idea pinning oil pump I hadn't heard of that, I'm leaning towards a girdle now I do want to be able to lean on it with more air in the future.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
I haven't been able to find much for specs on the sxe 480 anyone know what they flow? The 68mm3794/sxe480 should be able to support north of 800rwhp I would think?

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Well I got a bit of free time today and have been wanting to pull the box off my truck and start fabbing my rear suspension setup and clean the back half up. Crazy what road salt does to these trucks.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
K guys engine will be coming out within the next month, I was gonna just do NDT's on my old crank and call it good. But I'm starting to lean towards a new crank which crank should a guy be buying for a build? Sorry fellas I know the subjects been beat to death but just want the latest and greatest opinions on it.

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
I just bought a new lml crank. I will buy a new flywheel, and balancer then have it all balanced together. I got it for 728$ shipped to my door. I will also have it keyed while at the machine shop.