My LML trans mods.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Pulled my trans yesterday and opened it up. 14,000 miles of easy driving. 2,000 of those miles were with a Quadzilla 80 hp programmer. The C3's were burnt on the inside diameter. 80 psi of pressure and 4 C3 clutches is not going to hold this Alli with a program. I replace the 4 C3 clutches with 6 Raybestos clutches and changed the pressure regulator spring. I also installed a Goerend converter.
The stock LML Alli idles at 80 psi and spikes the pressure to 220 psi on the upshift and down shift. ( not enough ) With my new custom spring ( different than early Alli ) it idles at 150 psi and spikes to 290 psi on upshift and down shift spikes to 240 psi which is exactly what I was looking for. Truck pulls alot harder and likes to spin the tires much easier than before. The Goerend converter couples like crazy. No other mods were done and no other clutches were replaced at this time.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Mike,
A little off topic and I'm sure you are asked a lot so I apologize in advanced . I was wondering what the status was on the new clutches that were coming into production soon?
Thanks

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mike, will that new tcm learn around the new found pressures at idle/cruise or is that mechanical part unaffect by the tcm?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike, will that new tcm learn around the new found pressures at idle/cruise or is that mechanical part unaffect by the tcm?

Thats a long story. I just got all the info from Allison and I know what the slow throttle response is caused by. It is not TQ management and not tuning. But I will not say what it is. The TCM I have been running, although it has less throttle lag, is not compatible with this trans so I pulled it off and put the stock one back on.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike,
A little off topic and I'm sure you are asked a lot so I apologize in advanced . I was wondering what the status was on the new clutches that were coming into production soon?
Thanks

They should all be out in 2 weeks. I now have even newer clutches to test.:D

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
So you can fix the pressure problem with a spring or does it need the new clutches or is it something more in depth? Also does this mean that thing you were talking about before that fixed torque management is no longer needed?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Mike we just added a 2013 LML to the family... Is there anything available for us dipshits yet?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
So many questions! That's what ya get .

It's almost as if the Flock has awoken up. I even have a question where does Bennies widget come in?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So you can fix the pressure problem with a spring or does it need the new clutches or is it something more in depth? Also does this mean that thing you were talking about before that fixed torque management is no longer needed?

Call me.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thats a long story. I just got all the info from Allison and I know what the slow throttle response is caused by. It is not TQ management and not tuning. But I will not say what it is. The TCM I have been running, although it has less throttle lag, is not compatible with this trans so I pulled it off and put the stock one back on.

yeah i know, we talked about that unless its changed since ;) :D. I gotcha though.

Mike we just added a 2013 LML to the family... Is there anything available for us dipshits yet?

You need to call him Nick :hug:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I never said that. I thought we talked about this.
HAHA your absolutly right I need to start taking notes I learn so much everytime we chat/ I didn't mean you stated it was stronger just one of those rumor things online. your information is straight up facts and first hand from your own experiences....

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
What is the clutch count for the rest of the packs? Are you just replacing things one by one to see what each weak link is?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
What is the clutch count for the rest of the packs? Are you just replacing things one by one to see what each weak link is?

C1.....7 frictions
C2......7 frictions
C3.......4 frictions
C4........6 frictions
C5........6 frictions

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
SO you replaced 4 c3 clutches with 6 new raybestos? Sounds like a big job as i would think there wouldnt be enough room to do such a thing? Just a question mike i have no clue about the inside of one of these things just making sure i read your statement correctly!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
SO you replaced 4 c3 clutches with 6 new raybestos? Sounds like a big job as i would think there wouldnt be enough room to do such a thing? Just a question mike i have no clue about the inside of one of these things just making sure i read your statement correctly!

There is plenty of room to add 2 more frictions. As far as a big job; it's what I do for a living. Piece of cake.:D