LBZ: My 06 GMC CC/SB progress

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Thanks man. I'm obsessed with simple and clean. Literally every flaw annoys me.

Currently debating shaving the cab lights as well as the third brake light. Leave sunroof obviously and paint shark fin white.

I wouldn't do that. If I was involved in an accident with you I would pull that card if you didn't have one.
I would ditch the cab lights though I personally think they look hideous on any truck.

"Center High Mounted Stop Lamps (CHMSL) have been standard equipment on all new passenger cars sold in the United States since model year 1986 and all new light trucks since model year 1994, as required by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108."

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
You could delete it and install a bright as hell strip of LEDs in the top of the rear window? Depending on where you live, I guarantee you could get away with that in my homestate of Florida :rollseyes:

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Honestly I doubt NC would hassle me for it. I would see them hassling me for tinted windshields before they even noticed the lack of a 3rd light. But they see me literally everyday, and my cars are blacked out. No ticket thus far.

I can run a strand of 5050's that I have for my cluster behind the back window and see if they can shine through just for trial purposes.

LBZ_Duramax

May 12, 2009
North Carolina
www.parrishfire.com
Finally got these in... No idea why they're blurry but I'm not photographer.

Needles are blue and wired to the bcm dimming circuit. So full bright needles when headlights are off. Then white numbers, blue needles controllable by dimmer when headlights are on. Same for the cluster whenever I stop being lazy and order and escalade bezel.

Is there a write up on doing this? I want to do something similar.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
No there is no write up. You tap which ever light you want into the purple and white wire on the c1 BCM connector.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Bolted the hitch back on to pull one of my other cars to my dads. He bought it since I never really drive it. Work truck mode I suppose.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
So my center Pacer cab light has yellowed like a mofo. Time to make a choice to either shave all together, buy new pacer unit and hope it doesn't follow suit or fill holes and retrofit LML cab lights.