Moving to Southern Alberta

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
How's it dealing with citizenship moving there? I've contemplated it tons but never found a good way to get citizenship that doesn't require a degree, speaking French fluently or have approx 30k in the bank. I have none of those lol

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Damn...not my luck. :( I already have a keeper but we're both US citizens...anyone have any advice for moving up there? Or even just getting through with my dog (ie what all papers I need). We may be moving back to Alaska in a few years and have to drive through obviously lol. Didn't have any trouble when we went back to the great AK this summer but we didn't have our dog with us then.

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
You can go on the Canadien Consulate website and it has all the forms you will need and the fee scheduals. Lots of paperowork, government people like paper! We have an attorney that we hired to help since we have kids (who are now dual citizens). To get through all you need is the passport and as for your dog, better be up to date with shots, etc. Talk to trucker, they are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to driving through borders!:D

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Damn...not my luck. :( I already have a keeper but we're both US citizens...anyone have any advice for moving up there? Or even just getting through with my dog (ie what all papers I need). We may be moving back to Alaska in a few years and have to drive through obviously lol. Didn't have any trouble when we went back to the great AK this summer but we didn't have our dog with us then.

The dog shouldn't be an issue but any firearms will be ;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Hopefully the wind doesn't blow you away!! Too windy down there for this guy.