moon/sun visor

tomc983

tomc983
Jan 20, 2009
New Jersey
my friend and i are lookin to get a sun visor for our trucks. just wondering dose anyone have one and where you got it, and if you have problems with it. he is having a hard time finding one cause his truck has cab lights.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
My '95 came with one. It is noisy at speed. It has rotted out around most of the bolts and the roof is rotted all along the entire top edge of the windshield. You cannot see traffic lights if you are first at the stop line. It has to have an MPG cost as there is no way all the air coming up the windshield is going to get out of those "vents." I am expecting to lose it in spectacular fashion any day now driving down the highway...:eek:

Best of luck to you and your buddy. Obviously, I do not recommend them...

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
i have one and bought it from a local speed shop . Its a lund and they have the cab light options . yes it can be noisy at highway speeds . But i really like the looks

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I thought the sunvisor fad went out with the '90s :spit:

No, seriously I'm with minisub on the subject. A buddy had one on his truck and it vibrated against the roof at highway speed, and eventually tore the roof skin around the mounting hardware. He had to take the truck to the body shop to get the holes repaired...needless to say there was no sun visor on the truck anymore.

Just my $.02 though...its your truck.

tomc983

tomc983
Jan 20, 2009
New Jersey
ok thanks guys i think ill throw the sun visor out the window and just put a strip of tint across the windsheld and maybe get some cab lights

Dmax Grizzly

Always Learning
Dec 26, 2007
Monroeville,Ohio
I am thinking about doing the same thing. I had a moonvisor on my old truck and liked it and thought I was going to put one on the Dmax. Well, after having the truck over a year now, I think I'm changing ideas. I've also been thinking about the nbs cab lights on my truck and having them smoked too. Could someone help with more info please. Thank's

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I am thinking about doing the same thing. I had a moonvisor on my old truck and liked it and thought I was going to put one on the Dmax. Well, after having the truck over a year now, I think I'm changing ideas. I've also been thinking about the nbs cab lights on my truck and having them smoked too. Could someone help with more info please. Thank's

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16072

Theres some pics of the NBS lights in this thread, and a link to another thread with some install info and P/n#'s