L5P monitor or ??

BrentB

Nov 11, 2018
Central Texss
So, bought my first Duramax this year (don't know what took me so long) and I love it. I took it in for it's first service this week and had an issue I brought up with the guys at the dealership. Most of the time I get ~22mpg on this highway I travel. Occasionally, it goes down to about 13mpg on the same road, same speed. I brought it up at the service dept and the guy gave me a generic answer.."well, there are a lot of factors that go into the mpg display" I could tell I wasn't getting anywhere with this guy. So researching I found out it's normal and it's the Regen system doing what it does.
Now, my question is: is there an easily installed, non-intrusive guage that I can get that will cycle between boost, egt... Just to monitor what is going on, without manipulating the ECU?

Last edited by a moderator:

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Get yourself an Edge CTS2 monitor, it’ll tell you everything you need to know.

01454e38567f5200987fac4efdddd75b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrentB

Nov 11, 2018
Central Texss
That looks like what I want. The website was pretty vague. Does the unit come with everything I need, or do I need to buy additional cables for it?

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
I kinda like the banks idash super gauge. But I don’t really care for the big screen monitors.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
The L5P already has a manifold EGT sensor that the CTS2 will read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrentB

Nov 11, 2018
Central Texss
You guys are awesome. I really like the CTS2, and it has great reviews. Thanks for the info. Asking Santa for one for Christmas.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I kinda like the banks idash super gauge. But I don’t really care for the big screen monitors.

X2
I’ve been trying to find out if any of those ones that plug into your obd2 port to display on your phone or the ones that allow you to put a couple on your dic will work to give you boost and egt but nobody seems to have an answer for me.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
X2
I’ve been trying to find out if any of those ones that plug into your obd2 port to display on your phone or the ones that allow you to put a couple on your dic will work to give you boost and egt but nobody seems to have an answer for me.

To answer part of my own question the auto meter dash control does not display the factory egt in an lml. So the hunt for something other than my efilive V2 that does is still on......