MMA last night

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Definitely an ugly break, only thing holding his foot on was tissue/skin. Already had surgery and had a rod inserted but I bet his career is over. I don't think he can come back from something that bad at 38 years old. How about the Rousey/Tate fight? Now Rousey is 8-0 with 8 arm bars. Crazy. She looked flat out twice as strong as Tate the way she was throwing her around too. Good night of fights.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
Card was pretty good! Disappointing end for silva, doubt he steps into the octagon to fight again, he'll stay involved in the sport in some way I'm sure.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
A little off topic but how is Rogan's podcast? He's always good on the Ellis show but I've never heard his podcast. Is it mainly UFC talk or more comedy/political/talk topics?

Yeah he has a lot of comedians on but his guests are pretty vast. I never judge the podcast by the guest because they never seem to stay on what their "expertise" is for very long. They talk about UFC quite a bit. It's not overpowering one way or another. IMO

I enjoyed the Marc Maron podcast he did quite a bit. They are all pretty interesting. Just skip the first 5 minutes though, he's just pushing his crap usually the first 5-10 minutes. ;)

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Rousy was a BITCH on a mission!! We were rooting for Meisha. She just looked dead tired in that last round.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Cant believe silva got beat again. He was so dominant before & lost the previous match by a lucky strike imo. I really thought it would be an easy win for him. Guess not. Sucks he literally got broken too.

Ronda is a friggin beast! Both looked smokin af the way-in. :D

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Cant believe silva got beat again. He was so dominant before & lost the previous match by a lucky strike imo. I really thought it would be an easy win for him. Guess not. Sucks he literally got broken too.

Ronda is a friggin beast! Both looked smokin af the way-in. :D

I believe Weidman has won every round he's fought Silva.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Silva will not be able to compete again... That type of injury will take a very long time to heal. What does he have left to prove? He was dominant for 16 fights. Frickin nasty looking break though

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
If he tries to come back; his leg will be a target for any opponent he faces. It could be devastating to him.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Yeah I don't see him coming back. There's no point. Nothing more to prove. He's the best, not Goin to change that any. He's old enough now to think about it. Enjoy the life ahead of him.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Silva will not be able to compete again... That type of injury will take a very long time to heal. What does he have left to prove? He was dominant for 16 fights. Frickin nasty looking break though

I agree he won't compete again but I think it's more age related that will be the deciding factor. I was surprised how quick they expect recovery to be. Only 3-6 months.

If he tries to come back; his leg will be a target for any opponent he faces. It could be devastating to him.

I know they put a rod in. I don't know enough about that type of injury and recovery to know if that makes it weaker than before and a target like you said. Either way, hate to see anyone injured like that.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
anderson-silva-broken-leg-ufc-168.jpg

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
titanium rod was put in his leg and they said very optimistically that he would be 9 months before he could begin training.

Realistically he's 38, not old by most standards but in mma, he's past his prime, and wounds heal slowly. Anyone that watches Louisville basketball remembers Kevin Ware. His broken leg was much like Silva's, a complete fracture of the tibia and fibula, but his broke the skin. Ware is still not going to play this year so his recovery will take nearly 2 years. I assume Silva will try and come back, but even a year + recovery time puts him at almost 40, and as mentioned, his leg will be a giant target.