MITUSA Lift Pump

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Woooo I got my mitusa on..... Although I do have a leak where the return line from the filter goes to the fuel cooler, it still works. Priming the system took forever but once I got it started it ran great. I just got back from driving around and I put it to the test. I killed a 6.0 and a chevy gasser. Now to get the leaks fixed. Big thanks to Trent and jeff(wsucowboy) for answering all my dumb questions.

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
Woooo I got my mitusa on..... Although I do have a leak where the return line from the filter goes to the fuel cooler, it still works. Priming the system took forever but once I got it started it ran great. I just got back from driving around and I put it to the test. I killed a 6.0 and a chevy gasser. Now to get the leaks fixed. Big thanks to Trent and jeff(wsucowboy) for answering all my dumb questions.

hey, what about me? :rofl:

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
by the way, we had to make some changes to get it to fit on an LBZ. the radiator hose on an LB7 goes straight back, then turns left. on an LBZ, it comes out at an angle, then slightly bends right, then turns left. this gets in the way for the pump to slide all the way on the bracket to tighten the belt.
we made about a 1/2 inch spacer block out of 2 (1/4 inch) pieces of aluminum to put between the pump and the block with the pins. the factory screws were wide at the top near the head to stabilize the pump, so we made some sleeves to fit like this on the new longer screws.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Haha my bad Jimmy. You did put alot of time into gettin that pump mount the right way so thanks for your help too buddy lol.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
no problem...glad to hear you got it going.
did you get your fitting? ya wanna finish that part tonight?

Nah I haven't found a fitting quite yet. If I don't find a fittin that will work right ill let you look at it tonight and we can see if we can get it workin.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Glad you got it going James , now you need to get the trans done so you can load some big tunes up :driving:

Last edited:

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Cody didn't have one? E&R might have one too.

Oh I was talkin about the bad fitting on my mitusa

im gonna call cody today and see if he can help me out with the egt fitting. I'm beginning to think the boost line isn't long enough either so what should we do about that?

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
get another one :D
Oreilly's sells them.

oh, and on the fitting, to give you more options, you can try and find just the fitting that fits to the nut on the probe instead of to the fitting that came with it.

Last edited:

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
How hard would this be to set up with dual alternators? Well same as dual CP3. As I need to keep the power from the alts but need a pump and not sure if this or a fass/airdog is what I want to put on my list of parts.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
How hard would this be to set up with dual alternators? Well same as dual CP3. As I need to keep the power from the alts but need a pump and not sure if this or a fass/airdog is what I want to put on my list of parts.

I don't think it would be that much more work to install it on your truck. So far I'm very pleased with the pump and would reccomend gettin one. It's really easy to install. I mean I installed it in my garage with basic tools and That was the first thing i've installed on my truck without someone else doing most of the work. I just like that it's silent, flow thru, and supplies as much fuel as I need.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Yes I think it would be similiar to how we did it with twin fuelers.

Last edited:

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Hey subman.

Did you run a filter with your MITUSA? If you did, did you run the line back the fuel cooler and put a t fitting in?
Because that's what I did and the fitting didn't fit so I has to piece one together and I've still got a leak. I'll tighten down the fittings more and see if it goes away but I'm just curious what you did.

Also on the line that goes from the pump to the motor, I tied in to the stock line for simplicity, do you think that was a bad idea?