Misfire

Dirtymax#LMM

May 7, 2021
Wyoming
Hello everyone,
My trucks been down for 3 years. I was headed to work 20miles outta town and my truck started kicking in and out -thought the trans was slipping- slowed down and realized it was misfiring. I limped it home and it would only do 25mph not because of low power mode but because of how terrible it was misfiring. Took it to the dealership and was told a bad ecm so I replaced it same symptoms, so I had my uncle look at it and he said it was mechanical- so he took it, pulled the cab, had the heads rebuilt, and same symptoms.. I got it back over a year ago and decided to start on it again a week ago... I sent the injectors to industrial injection and they said 5 we're bad.. so I replaced all 8, and the cp3, while doing that I dropped the tank and cleaned it , the lines and the fuel cooler. It was all clean though. Injectors come pre programmed from II so no need to program the injectors.. anyways same symptoms.. I bought a new fuse box also and replaced it.. no change..
Truck idles great, and rapps out to 3k sometimes clean. But not very often it misfires and rolls the coal every time I mash it which it shouldn't because I tuned it stock.#motor ops efi-live
Egr delete. 2007.5 newer body style, 93,000 miles but hard miles. I had a compound on it for 60k of the miles and then took it out. Truck ran great for 6k after I removed it. Compression tested 340 on all. No blow by in the oil, no communication with the coolant- that I'm aware of.. I removed my lift pump and put the stock fuel filter system back under the hood.. I'm going to go through the wire harness that wraps the engine and Inspect the crap outta it.. I was hoping someone might have gone through a lmm giving them headache and be able to steer me in a diff direction.. and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Could a faulty glow plug module make it misfire?
So truck has fresh heads, head studs, ppe exaust manifolds, brand new single up pipes, no more that egr y pipe just solid, new down pipe and fresh 5".
Pcv delete and I pressure tested the charge air system no leaks.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
Injectors come pre programmed from II so no need to program the injectors.
This from ALLDATADIY.COM. I don't think it could be that the injectors could be pre-programmed unless the new injectors were built to the exact spec of the old and tested to exact same flow.

Attachments

• Injector programming.pdf
    157.6 KB · Views: 7