Mini Trucks

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Anybody here have any experience with the 4x4 Japanese mini trucks like the Suzuki Carry, Daihatsu Hijet, etc.?

I've been looking around the net at them for a possible run around vehicle for my property, hauling tools around, etc. They seem like they would do what I want for 1/3-1/2 the cost of a side by side UTV. They make dump beds, have heat, A/C, full cab. Prices on UTVs are pretty ridiculous in my opinion and I don't need any hardcore 4x4 capability. I've also considered a used 4x4 Toyota PU, but I think I want something smaller that I can take around the yard. The mini trucks can't be registered for road use, but I don't really care.

Supposedly parts are available to fix them, but that's the kind of thing I'm wondering if anybody has experience with?

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I know there is one running around my home town. It's a right side drive one also. It's been running a while.

Pretty funny to see it being driven around with the dog in the left hand seat. Lol

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
They were the hot deal around here a few yrs ago. Then they put some shipping tax on them that was higher than the trucks cost so people quit shipping them over. I have also heard they are hard to get parts for.