Question: Million Dollar Silverado

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
There is a man in my hometown, named George. This man claims that he owns and daily drives a 94-96 (he never specified year) Silverado "SS" that is worth a MILLION dollars. He claim's he gets calls from GM almost everyday asking if they can buy the truck back from him. Hell, he even told me that whenever i left from talking to him. That he could go home right then and have a message on his answer machine, with a money offer. :woott:

The truck is a Maroon SC/SB, 2wd, Red interior, late 90's model silverado. And he did pop the hood and showed me the big V8 under the hood. But it just looked like a normal 350 small block to me. Supposedly when this truck was made GM "screwed up" and put in an "LS Corvette" engine he claims. He also claimed since that was a MAJOR F UP on GM's behalf and that they freaked out and wanted these "screw up's" back. He told me that they got all of them but one back....his. He said the others are in museums, but didnt know where. :roflmao: I could barely hold back the tears of laughter right in his face.

But im asking and hoping that this is not true. Cause if so im gonna feel really bad about almost laughing in his face.

403turbo

<--It's whats for dinner!
Aug 3, 2009
DPRNY
Considering the LS engines didn't go into production until 97 that would be one hell of a production error. Somebody smuggled them out of R&D and installed them in a truck that was never designed to take them. Add that to the fact that there was no SS truck in the years 94-96 and I think it's a story.

If my truck was worth a million I probably wouldn't driving it.

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
what a duckin fumb a$$, if that's worth million then my old beater must be worth at least $250k lol

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
If its true, he's an idiot for not taking the million.

If it's not true then he's just an idiot.

I'm pretty sure a million dollars is enough to buy a used '96 truck and stuff a new LS motor in and still have 950k+ left in the bank.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Maybe that's why GM went bankrupt. They bought to many of these magic trucks back.:roflmao:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
this is funny to me, only because here in california i have a customer with the same damn story!!(hes been tellin it for years) amazing, there are two idiots with the same claim,two slight differences, his is a 92, hes not claimng the LS motor, he claims to have the 92 5.7l vette motor in it.. and GMs offer to him was he could have any car gm makes if he brings the truck back..HAHA, id be beatin their door down right now askin when i can take delievery of my new ZR1???

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
I agree that he is full of shit. Because he wouldnt let me right down the vin. And when i asked if i could take a picture of it and he said he had to go. But im gonna go do some recon to see if can catch him slipping and take a picture.

I dont know gaser's very well. But i used to have a 89 GMC that had a 305 in it. The engine underneath his hood looked like a bigger 305 but hey wtf do i know...in other words its nothing fancy. And i agree 100% if i was offered that kinda money for my truck it would have been gone a LONG time ago. And i would not be driving it....at all.

Last edited:

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
What years did they make the "454 SS" trucks? Sounds like he swapped motors in it and made the story up. Also, i thought all those "454 SS" trucks were black? If it was mine, I'd definately be lettin it go for a million. :D

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
http://youtu.be/ng28LrUY6J8

Here it is...sorry about the video. I was driving at the time and I did want to stop right in front of his house. He all ready thinks its worth a million...dont want him to think i was trying to take it. lol

If anyone knows how to edit to make it show in thread....please do.

The only thing i could see that truck missing would be a bed full of gardening equipment :joker: