miles?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm sure its fine their are guys that have been tuned for over 180K. Just know the engine isn't going to last as long.

RandoTx

May 6, 2011
Wow a whole 9k lol. I tuned mine at 115 and am at 157 no problems. Just don't be stoopid

tyrat

tdi
Nov 19, 2011
Dyer,Indiana
Lmao rando. This is the lowedt mile truck we have owned so I was just wondering I want a tuned truck but mAybe I will wait

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I see no reason why not to tune your truck. If the balance rates are good, cp3 holds decent pressure, miles wouldn't bother me one bit. Its a diesel, there meant for puttin miles on them.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Look at my sig we put miles on trucks thats forsure

Thats good there meant to drive. U seriously worried about 200-300k on a diesel? If there maintained miles mean absolutely nothing. I have a landscaping company and one of my 02 dmaxs work trucks has 159k on it , last week talked to my tuner about tuning mine. It wont hurt it any.

Only thing to worry about with higher mileage and tuning is the trans normally is fatigued alittle and wont hold the power as well as a lower mileage truck. But the motors are fine, like i said good cP3, injectors ect, u wont notice a difference from 60k to a truck with 150k+.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
i tuned mine at 55k...... 186k now.... tranny aint worth a chit now but motor has been flawless. its always had hot hot hot tune (+3)

but then again i have a lbz, not no piece o crap lb7

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I own one that had a edge on it for a little while then went with no tuning for quite a while then I bought it at 304k and tuned it myself. I now have 369k on it and still going strong. Biggest tune should make around 500hp and the tune that I use mostly will limp the trans on any stock five speed ally. No its not too late to tune it and enjoy it. I would not be scared to take it on any trips or run it at the track. Things will break randomly with little to no miles on them. Common sense, maintenance and good tuning go a long way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tyrat

tdi
Nov 19, 2011
Dyer,Indiana
I own one that had a edge on it for a little while then went with no tuning for quite a while then I bought it at 304k and tuned it myself. I now have 369k on it and still going strong. Biggest tune should make around 590hp and the tune that I use mostly will limp the trans on any stock five speed ally. No its not too late to tune it and enjoy it. I would not be scared to take it on any trips or run it at the track. Things will break randomly with little to no miles on them. Common sense, maintenance and good tuning go a long way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Why dont you have a 300k badge I was the first to get one hehehehe