Mileage

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Gotta Q about what I can read with my V2.. My buddy is lookin at an 01 gmc but the lights are out in dash and can't tell how many miles it has.. It's a one owner and last recorded mileage was 11. Lol so my Q is can efi live read how may miles are on the truck and If so how do I look it up? Thanks...

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
No since the duramax stores the mileage in the cluster there is no way of knowing. Any service records you can go off of?

DmaxRvRrat

Mar 19, 2014
Its possible that the PRNDL and mileage display has broken solder joints or pad failure. Ask him if you can take the cluster loose and move the display pins to see if its a contact problem.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
No sir he said he did a carfax and the only recorded miles were at 11.... Do u know of any other way to ck it?

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Its possible that the PRNDL and mileage display has broken solder joints or pad failure. Ask him if you can take the cluster loose and move the display pins to see if its a contact problem.

Ok thanks. We will try that when we go to look at it.. He has never had a Duramax and was askin me about how to ck the miles and I figured someone on here would know. Thanks again for ur help.