Mike... you sell spin ons over the phone?

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
You are talking about a friend of mine here that wants to support me. Yes he can go to an Allison dealer and pay 7.90 for a filter like I do. He allready knows that. The DICK part was not warranted especialy since you are not involved in the question. Now back off and mind your own business. no body gives a rats ass where you buy your filters.
I do not make any money off these filters and don't want to. If you figure my cost on the filter and the box and filler I supply, then my time to do this shit, it is not worth it. But, I do want you guys to do what I think is right.
Ask how many of my people have showed up at my shop and got a spin on installed at no charge. Just my way of saying a small Thank You.:hug::D

:hello::)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I didnt know that his attitude was due to lunching a motor Id probably be pissed off too. I had asked months ago about filters & was told it was easier to get them from a local Allison dealer.

I have no knowledge of any motor lunching. The request seemed simple enough. " i need some fricken filters, can you send them? "
I think I have helped teach everyone here that the Allison dealers have these filters and will sell them at dealer cost. When I get a request for filters , I send them.
I really hate to discuss fluid and filters with anyone because it turns to shit.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I didnt know that his attitude was due to lunching a motor Id probably be pissed off too. I had asked months ago about filters & was told it was easier to get them from a local Allison dealer.

Doesn't matter if he blew his motor or not. The point is some people don't read questions and there are a lot of us out there that are sick of getting answers to questions we didn't ask. That was one of the many great things about this site and we don't want it to turn into DP. Point being, if someone has to ask how to get a trans filter or oil filter because they don't know where they could get one then they have no business owning a D-Max. This wasn't some dumb@ss asking where to get trans filters. It was a specific question adressed to Mike and didn't get answered till Mike answered it. And I suspect he posted it rather than calling him so that there was a database of it on here so others would not have to call to find out if Mike sold filters.....thats the whole point of a forum:eek:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Bravo Turbo! :hug:

I posted in MIKEs forum to ask him a question, and for the benefit of others as well.

And like I said, I went to my closest allison dealer to pick one up a few months ago and got quoted $27 or something stupid and I said WHAT? Go get it - sure enough it was the spin on. The local dealer wants $39 retail ( I get wholesale there but its still $$).

Ive had Mike do my trans and was more than pleased to say the least - and referred others to him. Transmission related matters goes through Mike.

And Mike, Ill be down for a refresh after I get done building my motor (which yes, blew today).

Now everyone just calm down and back to your regularly scheduled programming... which for me means back to the garage to try and get my hood off by myself :rofl:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Bravo Turbo! :hug:

I posted in MIKEs forum to ask him a question, and for the benefit of others as well.

And like I said, I went to my closest allison dealer to pick one up a few months ago and got quoted $27 or something stupid and I said WHAT? Go get it - sure enough it was the spin on. The local dealer wants $39 retail ( I get wholesale there but its still $$).

Ive had Mike do my trans and was more than pleased to say the least - and referred others to him. Transmission related matters goes through Mike.

And Mike, Ill be down for a refresh after I get done building my motor (which yes, blew today).

Now everyone just calm down and back to your regularly scheduled programming... which for me means back to the garage to try and get my hood off by myself :rofl:

Sorry this happened with your engine.:mad::hug: If there is anything I can help with, please call me..:D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
This is the angriest thread about a tranny filter I have ever read!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If I had known they were so cheap down there, I would have bought a case!
Even the local Detroit Diesel Allison Dealer is over $25 IIRC.

Tell you what Mike, I will trade you 6 filters for a bottle of Gibson's Finest!!:D

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Ask how many of my people have showed up at my shop and got a spin on installed at no charge. Just my way of saying a small Thank You.:hug::D

And then you said to me hey while where at it lets do a sc4 to top off the new filter :rofl::joker::D

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I forgot .... what was the point again. I think I missed it.

Let's recap.

Does mike sell filters?

Mike does indeed sell filters.

Question.....Answer. Simple.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
"Point is he wanted to give Mike the business"

That's funny right there Partsguy!!:rofl:

offtohavasu

El Guapo Knows
Dec 8, 2008
Costa Mexico, CA
Yes. Call me. I sell them for 10.00 plus shipping. I make 2.00 a piece off them. Shipping to you would be about 5.00 for 4 of them. I feel like such a shylock doing this.:p:D

Hey Mike, my grandmother doesn't live too far away from your shop (she's in BP). When I need a supply, do you mind if I stop by your shop? As many others have said, I'd much rather give you the business.

I have read many of your threads and would like to shake the hand of an Allsion Genius!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Hey Mike, my grandmother doesn't live too far away from your shop (she's in BP). When I need a supply, do you mind if I stop by your shop? As many others have said, I'd much rather give you the business.

I have read many of your threads and would like to shake the hand of an Allsion Genius!

Stop by anytime. I am not a genius by a long shot; just a pretty good trans guy.

partsguy662

blowup doll salesman
Aug 14, 2006

Stop by anytime. I am not a genius by a long shot; just a pretty good trans guy.

...but you might want to keep your grandma away from him :rofl::rofl: