Mike, whats your thoughts???

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
My first tranny had just a transgo and a 1050 t/c. I ran approx. 200-300 1/4 mile passes with N2O and Propane, then twins for 1 year, with poor over the shelf tuning. I then tore it down that winter and did a write up on it. Truck was in the high 12's then.

I replaced the clutches and added a pump kit and a flow valve. With good efi tuning, that tranny went 300-400 passes and is STILL IN THE TRUCK TODAY with the same clutches and 1050 converter. Truck was in the low 12'/high 11's the whole year and is still pulling and hotrodding today with the same tranny, last I heard.

I'm stating facts and real world experience to help out fellow members. I have tested these mods, I don't have anything to gain posting.

Tony, maybe that is not enough testing for you, but it was to me. I went with this combo again in my new truck, and it is in the 11's and street driven everyday.

Thats a post by IdahoRob on TDP. Whats your take on this Mike? Any credibility or is it smoke n mirrors and the whole story not being told?

Just wondering nd figured you'd know best.

C-ya

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Thats a post by IdahoRob on TDP. Whats your take on this Mike? Any credibility or is it smoke n mirrors and the whole story not being told?

Just wondering nd figured you'd know best.

C-ya

Rob was running a complete '01 pump assembly in his '05 which made a big difference. He also ran an ATS pressure regulator spring ( 325 psi ) with a no knock down converter flow valve. He ran a Transgo shift kit with 1 extra friction and steel plate in C3. This setup does ok with some luck. I choose to do it differently.