May 7, 2009 Trip to the track, Help?

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Ok guys, so I am new to drag racing so go easy. I am currently running the Great McRat Racing tune. Last week was the first week with this tune and truck did great ET's between 8.4-9.1. I know this week I was going to work on my 60' times to get a little better but with the truck running the same tune it ran like dog crap. (changes for this week.) tire pressure down front and rear 5#'s. (32f/26R) the big problem I was having is about 3/4 track the truck just felt like it quit going. I have attached the file of the last pass, could I please get some insight on what is happening?

Attachments

• pass2_7may20094wheeldrive.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 14

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
your rail pressure was a bit low at the beginning ( 20.5k-21k) and then when you hit 4th gear it tanked to 9k . another thing mm3 was at 90 most of the run and real jumpy up to 115 or so ? may not be getting full pulse width @ 90 mm3 depending on tune .

Last edited:

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
your rail pressure was a bit low at the beginning ( 20.5k-21k) and then when you hit 4th gear it tanked to 9k . another thing mm3 was at 90 most of the run and real jumpy up to 115 or so ? may not be getting full pulse width @ 90 mm3 depending on tune .

Thanks for the input. Now you mention it, that's about where the truck felt like it fell on it's face was the shift from thrid to fourth. I do have the PPE lift pump running, also I have not seen any codes. Usually I would seem a P1093 I think is the low fuel rail pressure right? How can I fix it? and What would have caused it to be different from last week. (sorry just thinking out loud.)

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Is your truck shimmed or a race valve? I can't remember. If it isn't do it. LLY's must have it done.

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Thanks guys. I knew someone here would have a better answer for WTF has happening! Just bummed me out after having a good week last week.

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Ok got he Shim Kit and Port rail fitting in today. Just driving it on the road I still feel it surging, however that is without the fuel pump running. Would a fuel filter with less than three months and 3500miles on it really effet the rail pressures? Also just a side not I did not do anything tot he passenger side rail fitting as I have read some people have opened it a little. Any ideas, or should I just hold off till next thursday's Race and log a few runs? Thanks again to everyone for thier support and help!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Ok got he Shim Kit and Port rail fitting in today. Just driving it on the road I still feel it surging, however that is without the fuel pump running. Would a fuel filter with less than three months and 3500miles on it really effet the rail pressures? Also just a side not I did not do anything tot he passenger side rail fitting as I have read some people have opened it a little. Any ideas, or should I just hold off till next thursday's Race and log a few runs? Thanks again to everyone for thier support and help!

log another run so you can get it figured out before next race .turn on the lift pump , and a new filter is cheap insurance during racing i only run a filter 1 month or so just because it has bit me before .

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
log another run so you can get it figured out before next race .turn on the lift pump , and a new filter is cheap insurance during racing i only run a filter 1 month or so just because it has bit me before .

Trent,
Thanks for your continued advice. I will stop by the auto parts store today and get a filter. I will try to log a few short launches on the street this weekend.