manual trans diesel record "build"

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Im sure it's something to do with sales being low because of the new smart automatics.
Ya I could see that. My truck has an adaptive learning thing I found out. Sports cars are even switching to paddle shifting. Actually now that I said that I seen a guy on YouTube who had a diesel they set up with a paddle shifting system. I wanna say it was a cummins and it was first of its kind but wouldn't be surprised if that might be a thing in the future. Which for towing would be pretty cool in a lot of ways. Still not a real feel manual. My old 7.3 was a stop sign compared to the power and speed my 08 puts down but I loved the 6 speed.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Part of me wants to do valve springs, bump the limiter up and do a billet wheel s480 or 83 single with a 1.0 or 1.10 housing with a spool shot lol

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Agree with Tom on the valve springs...you raise that more and your gonna find just when they float and then the real fireworks will start lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Agree with Tom on the valve springs...you raise that more and your gonna find just when they float and then the real fireworks will start lol

I know at 5300 you get valve tap marks on your pistons lol. That's why rev limiters are important. Any more rpms and I'll definitely get springs

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Ya I could see that. My truck has an adaptive learning thing I found out. Sports cars are even switching to paddle shifting. Actually now that I said that I seen a guy on YouTube who had a diesel they set up with a paddle shifting system. I wanna say it was a cummins and it was first of its kind but wouldn't be surprised if that might be a thing in the future. Which for towing would be pretty cool in a lot of ways. Still not a real feel manual. My old 7.3 was a stop sign compared to the power and speed my 08 puts down but I loved the 6 speed.

It is a Cummins, he runs Muldoons Diesel I think its called. Its a pretty nifty set up.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Ya I seen it on Gregg alberallas YouTube page I think. Pretty awesome I thought.

Sounds like a cool setup, I have nothing against autos either. Just to each there own. Glad to hear the allison broke new ground last weekend as well. There is something in this community for everyone.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Sounds like a cool setup, I have nothing against autos either. Just to each there own. Glad to hear the allison broke new ground last weekend as well. There is something in this community for everyone.
Ya no doubt. Would be cool to see paddles in Stock trucks I think.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
What did the allison do?