EFILive Make Your Tune Choice

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Whats the track like? If the track is hard you sometimes could be better not overpowering and spiining the tires uselessly. I used to run about 450rwhp tunes and beat trucks running 500+. Alot more to set up than hp. Have fun. My knees shook with nerves everytime I hooked...LOL

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Whats the track like? If the track is hard you sometimes could be better not overpowering and spiining the tires uselessly. I used to run about 450rwhp tunes and beat trucks running 500+. Alot more to set up than hp. Have fun. My knees shook with nerves everytime I hooked...LOL

ive only pulled their with my garden tractor and i know by monday when we pull its loose, now tonight i have a feeling it may be loose as well, its not a good clay track, mine is 445 rwhp on one dyno, so that is what im going to run i think, my max effort would be closer to 500 im guessing, problem with our "local" class is their are trucks 700+ hp pulling in it. yes i plan on having fun hopefully i can feel my legs to push the pedal all the way down :thumb:

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Just looked at there website, what the hell is the point of safety loops for traction bars??? With a name like Longhorn Fab figured they'd be out of Texas not Ohio

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
U joints and driveshafts shouldn't break either, rods shouldnt exit the block, but they do.

....The correlation between what you mentioned and decently built traction bars is completely lost on me. Secure it well at both ends...problem solved. There not under extreme forces spinning or recipricating and extreme rpms. Do you run them? Does anyone else? Solution to a problem that doesnt exist. Maybe longhorns bars are junk and break so they devised safety loops for them?

on 2nd thought this guy doesnt look very happy maybe his traction bars broke?
lffab.jpg

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
....The correlation between what you mentioned and decently built traction bars is completely lost on me. Secure it well at both ends...problem solved. There not under extreme forces spinning or recipricating and extreme rpms. Do you run them? Does anyone else? Solution to a problem that doesnt exist. Maybe longhorns bars are junk and break so they devised safety loops for them?

on 2nd thought this guy doesnt look very happy maybe his traction bars broke?
lffab.jpg

Since you are so lost, shit happens, stuff breaks that should never break. Don't run safety loops on them and see what happens if one would happen to break. A lot of sled pulling organizations make you have them for "safety". Kinda like drive shaft loops, they are on tgere for safety, not because you have a piece of shit drive shaft that was not well crafted.

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
I have safety chains on my truck and most pulling organizations like to see them, but my are just chains around the bar that attach to the frame, made outta stuff laying around the garare, didnt see a reason to spent 30 or 40 bucks on them.

THduramax

Will it ever end!
Aug 15, 2012
Flaherty, ky
Jus do what I did the first time they said I couldn't pull cause I didn't have safety chains on my pro fab bars.. I took fluorescent light drop chains and zip tied em around the frame and around the bars.. They didn't say how big or how to fasten them.. Good 2 go!

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
Whatd the big prob with longhorns tunes he tunes hundreds of trucks a year

04 lly duramax mickey thompson atz 305/60/18 xd stike 18'' arp studs sinster egr delete arp intake cat fuel filter adapter leveling kit cowl hood 4 in mbrp 8 in tip bd open manifold bd downpipes

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
He tuned my truck and im happy i had danville and was unhappy as hell only think i dont like is the milage tune isnt workn and it dont smoke as much but its better on the truck so o well but the milage thing i think its something with my truck im gettn 12

04 lly duramax mickey thompson atz 305/60/18 xd stike 18'' arp studs sinster egr delete arp intake cat fuel filter adapter leveling kit cowl hood 4 in mbrp 8 in tip bd open manifold bd downpipes

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
But i drove 2 hours for his tuned

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
They post lots of videos of dmaxs "rolling coal" because its so badass and he offers smoke and lope tunes and from what I've heard he messes with tcm tuning which most people dont want. Almost no big name tuner offers smoke or lope tunes because they are known to mess your truck up.