Magazine question

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Now I know a lot of you are not into what diesel power and other mags have to say or print or do with our performance trucks but that's not what I'm after.

That said, as long as I've owned my truck, I've wanted to get it in a diesel magazine when she was done. It's something I've wanted since I first started reading them long ago. I know these things can get political and so forth being its "who you know". I feel the truck is something worthy of a mag or maybe I'm blowin smoke up my own ass thinkin it is. I do know I can't fit a list of all its mod on one page of paper in 10 point font and .5" margins lol.

I've tried different places as far as trying to get my truck into a few different mags but nothing. Would anyone be able to help with this?

Please save the "the mags are just filled with bs". I'm not in it for that, I'm just going for it as it's something I've wanted since I was young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
It would be a good read. With the motor and suspension mods you've done, it's a truck that acts like a truck. When I get done modifying mine, they are no longer practical. Good luck getting in James. If you make it in I'll pick it up and read it.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I still pick up a copy of Diesel Tech every now and then... Ryan Harris was the editor now, he appears to be a VP, lol I guess he's moving up in the world... He use to be on DP under the user name MountainAR15 he hasn't been on since 2012. Anyway I feel DT is still somewhat true to its roots as a Diesel performance magazine.

Try sending them some pics and info on your truck.
http://www.harrispublishing.com/

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Good luck James!
Your truck is definitely worthy of magazine coverage IMO...:thumb:

I know my truck isn't the fastest, purdiest or best truck out there by any stretch of the imagination, but around here there's few Ive seen that can match it in terms of a well rounded modified street truck.

I too have quite a mods list and some pretty wicked pictures to boot and I have also tried to get into the diesel mags with no avail, just for the fun of it.

Heck, I can't even get it into the readers rides section
:roflmao:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I still pick up a copy of Diesel Tech every now and then... Ryan Harris was the editor now, he appears to be a VP, lol I guess he's moving up in the world... He use to be on DP under the user name MountainAR15 he hasn't been on since 2012. Anyway I feel DT is still somewhat true to its roots as a Diesel performance magazine.

Try sending them some pics and info on your truck.
http://www.harrispublishing.com/

I helped him delete his lml

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Can't remember the last time I bought any diesel magazine. I might actually break down and buy a copy if James' truck got an article published.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Haha thanks tom. I'll be pretty ecstatic if it happens lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk