Made it into my first Magazine

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Thanks guys, it was a really well written article. The only mistake they made was the location of my shop. That's wasn't a big deal, its not like I do this for a living and trying to get businesses from it.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
Just got my February copy of Diesel Power and Brett's truck made it in there too.
Awesome truck . . . very impressive! :thumb:

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Just got my February copy of Diesel Power and Brett's truck made it in there too.
Awesome truck . . . very impressive! :thumb:

Everett sent me a text today with a little sneak peak of it. I have not gotten my issue in the mail so I had no idea that it was in the February issue.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
So the article said the truck use to have a three cylinder Detroit Diesel in it. That's awesome. Why did your Grandfather decide to put a Detroit Diesel in it years ago?

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Because we had it sitting around our shop. It came out of a bread van. I remember as a kid riding in the truck and it was loud as hell. It scream just like you would think a two stroke would. I will have to find a couple pictures of it when it had that engine in it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, now we know where you got your creativity, ingenuity and attention to detail from. :thumb:

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Love The Title :thumb: Back In Black, Just came in the mail yesterday, Article is well worth the read, Very Impressed with the detail and craftsmanship.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
Well, now we know where you got your creativity, ingenuity and attention to detail from. :thumb:

x2 . . . From the pics I see you grew up around diesel trucks and equipment. Once it gets in your blood it's hard to get it out. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Have you ever thought about taking the junkyard C10 and throwing a Detroit Diesel in it?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
What a great read that was in diesel power, congrats.

Only sad thing is that was the only Chevy article in the entire magazine.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
x2 . . . From the pics I see you grew up around diesel trucks and equipment. Once it gets in your blood it's hard to get it out. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Have you ever thought about taking the junkyard C10 and throwing a Detroit Diesel in it?

Thanks guys.
I had to return that truck to the junk yard. They said I could buy it for $500 or just returns it when I was done. We are doing a new project now. We are putting a 1972 Blazer body on a 06 LBZ frame.