lowering

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
I have a 2007 classic 2500 that is currently leveled and looking to make some changes. The main reason I want to lower it is because I am sick of the ride right now. My intent is to use 3in drop shackles in the rear and take the bolt out of the front. My only concern is currently my upgraded inside tierod is hitting the sway bar. I know they make longer links but am wondering if it will be needed when it is lowered back down? I am looking to order new front end parts and am wondering if people are having the issued that are lowered?

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
Also, how is the DMAXSTORE ULTIMATE FRONT END PACKAGE STAGE 3 with moog xd pitman and idler arm? That is what I'm looking at doing. At a minimum I know my idler support, idler arm, both inner tierods are torn and bad. I'm thinking it will be worth doing it all at once?

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
Your swaybar should clear the tie rods fine with no bolts up front. That steering kit should work well also

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
Between VA Beach & Tallahassee
Also, how is the DMAXSTORE ULTIMATE FRONT END PACKAGE STAGE 3 with moog xd pitman and idler arm? That is what I'm looking at doing. At a minimum I know my idler support, idler arm, both inner tierods are torn and bad. I'm thinking it will be worth doing it all at once?

You won't regret it. I recently installed that same kit on my truck. Same Moog XD Pitman Arm and deathgrip idler arm and support. My only complaint is the turning radius is even wider now than before. My truck does have a 6" lift so it already ahd a terrible turning radius. But as far as the parts go, they're damn nice. HUGE. HEAVY DUTY. :thumb:

I can't speak to the sway bar issues being that my truck isn't lowered but I did go ahead and get the extended sway bar end links from Dmax Store too. Much bigger and stronger than the pair that came with my lift kit.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
You won't regret it. I recently installed that same kit on my truck. Same Moog XD Pitman Arm and deathgrip idler arm and support. My only complaint is the turning radius is even wider now than before. My truck does have a 6" lift so it already ahd a terrible turning radius. But as far as the parts go, they're damn nice. HUGE. HEAVY DUTY. :thumb:

I can't speak to the sway bar issues being that my truck isn't lowered but I did go ahead and get the extended sway bar end links from Dmax Store too. Much bigger and stronger than the pair that came with my lift kit.

If he is gonna lower the front end all the way down, the kryptonite sway bar endlinks won't work. They are only for leveled ( front end cranked up) and lifted applications IIRC.

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
So after some looking around I might buy some new rims as well. How much would 20x9 with 5.75bs and +20 stick out? with that, would the tires 275/55r20, 285/50r20 or 305/50r20 fit better with it lowered as talked about? buying tires and rims has always been a difficult time for me, way too many variables.

Last edited:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I run a 305/50r20 with 20x10-19. I have the normal big fender mod done as well though. Minimal rubbing at ful lock with thick mudflaps.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
What size tires do guys recommend for a truck that is lowered 2in in the rear and matched up front? I'm running 17in rims right now.

If u want street tires there isn't crap for 17s I run the 285 proxes st2s, and u can get a skinny 275 Nitto 420, or a 275 Falken ziex. I couldn't find much else back when I was looking

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
If u want street tires there isn't crap for 17s I run the 285 proxes st2s, and u can get a skinny 275 Nitto 420, or a 275 Falken ziex. I couldn't find much else back when I was looking

That's why I am thinking of changing to 20x9 with +20 offset. I just don't know how much they would stick out the fenders and what size tire would work best out of 275/55r20, 285/50r20 or 305/50r20. I just don't want to rub or have to trim the back of my fenders.

solidrunner

Oct 19, 2015
Seatac, WA
I have 22x9.5 with a +25 offset and they are perfectly flush with the fenders. 3/5 drop with 305/40s and they just barely rub the sway bar at full lock. I did have to trim the inner fender liners.

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California

take the plunge!

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I don't have experience with dmax store stuff. But you'll be fine with a straight center link and sleeves. Also I would go a little more offset with a 9" wide wheel.

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
So I am waiting for my steering kit to show up and gather other parts. I bought drop shackles today and wondering about it. They are 2in drop shackles and thinking of pulling the overload too. Will I have to get pinion shims if I do the shackles and remove a leaf?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
You shouldn't if you don't remove any leafs besides the overload, you can just get away without really needing to shim of you just remove the overload. As long as you don't drive it like you stole it you'll be OK. A set of traction bars is never a bad idea though to keep axle wrap down to a minimum.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'll have to check my angle I dropped everything but 2 leaves. And have shackles Probably needs shims I think when I got it done it looked almost straight, but can't remember