lowered truck pics

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I'm so ready to drop mine. I will have to get new wheels and tires as well. I was looking at the new fuel beast wheels which look awesome they have a bold look. But I saw a set on a dmax at the US nationals and don't think they will look that great on my truck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Does anyone know who has the most comprehensive lowering kit for our rigs? Specifically a 2006 CCSB 4x4....

I've been looking at a DJM 4/6 kit (spindles, keys, shackles, hangers and a c-notch so I can use my air bags still)

I'm wondering how many of you guys have done this set up on a CCSB and how y'all like it?

eand28

Jun 7, 2015
1bd3bf38b4b4acc8cbf4f3553e156f8a.jpg
8efda0993654e8f01d14a98084ab7b8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
is that enough to make the truck this low ^^^^^
PM me details please ;)

well the trailer is helping him in the rear, Brian on here had a djm 3/5 and lowered it a little more and he kept snapping cv axles I think he was at 4/6..the djm kit comes with new LCAs so I'm sure you could go lower if you had some Cognito UCAs flipped over. I personally wouldn't go lower than 3/5 and with 20s depending on the tire you will be plenty low, just google image 3/5 drop duramax and you will find some pics it looks good

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
The Cognito arms flipped won't fix the joint angle, I had to get DJM lower arms to pull the lower joint in. I have pics of what it looked like before and after doing the lower arms.

well the trailer is helping him in the rear, Brian on here had a djm 3/5 and lowered it a little more and he kept snapping cv axles I think he was at 4/6..the djm kit comes with new LCAs so I'm sure you could go lower if you had some Cognito UCAs flipped over. I personally wouldn't go lower than 3/5 and with 20s depending on the tire you will be plenty low, just google image 3/5 drop duramax and you will find some pics it looks good

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Jason, what kind of lift do you have on there?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Mine is a franken 3/5 - 4/6. The "kits" out there are overpriced, I built mine using what a djm kit consists of for 1/3 the price.
I can't go any lower without having to do some serious work. It really needs coilovers and some rear frame work to be legit but it rides good for a dropped truck.

And wheel choice means everything when lowering, it determines the look, the ride, the turning and most importantly the amount of fender work, Which I did none of by the way :woott: :D
Also I feel like the djm kit does a decent job with alignment angles if you go with the 3/5 I don't have any issues with tire wear, pulling/wandering and I have not broken a CV yet. "Knock on wood".
picture.php
picture.php

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Jason, what kind of lift do you have on there?

It's a cognito 4-6 with cognito UCA's in the front, no blocks in the rear, the overload is removed and a Deaver 2" mini pack added, shocks are Cognito spec'd Bilstien 5100's on all four corners and I've got the "HD" 4x4 driveshaft BNIB :rolleyes:

I've got Yukon 4.10's in the axels that I'm considering letting go too, preferably in an axel swap
lol

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It's a cognito 4-6 with cognito UCA's in the front, no blocks in the rear, the overload is removed and a Deaver 2" mini pack added, shocks are Cognito spec'd Bilstien 5100's on all four corners and I've got the "HD" 4x4 driveshaft BNIB :rolleyes:

I've got Yukon 4.10's in the axels that I'm considering letting go too, preferably in an axel swap
lol
Sounds like you just need another one to lower haha

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Sounds like you just need another one to lower haha

tell me about it, I know it's the only way I'll be happy
lol

but...
I'd be better off moving into a cardboard box and burning any money I might get for warmth
:roflmao: