lowered truck pics

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
what length trac bars are you all running on a ccsb? I'd like to get some bolt on ones if I can.

All of them I've ever built have been 60".. But I've never done a bolt on set..

Caltracs might be your best option for bolt on, but I'm not 100% sure they are completely bolt on.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Mine are shorter, we welded my frame brackets into the frame. Looks like they came from the factory and I don't have to worry abt hitting them on anything.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
Are you still in missouri?? Mi might be able to help ya out.

Yea I'm in Boonville, I don't know how far that is from you..I can weld, it's been a while, I really didn't want to weld anything if I could keep from it though. Those Cognito ones are priced pretty good, I tried to look up the ORU ones but couldn't find a price, I really like them tho

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Yea I'm in Boonville, I don't know how far that is from you..I can weld, it's been a while, I really didn't want to weld anything if I could keep from it though. Those Cognito ones are priced pretty good, I tried to look up the ORU ones but couldn't find a price, I really like them tho

Your about 4 hours from me, I think the cognito can bolt on on the frame end fairly easily. But they still weld on the axle end. Get a set and come down and I'll weld em on for ya.

When I lowered my truck I cleaned up the u bolt plates and welded my traction bar tabs to them so they will still unbolt. If you can find a set of plates you could make a "bolt" on set pretty easily.

Grizz3500

May 28, 2011
Hauser, Idaho
I got all my sleeve bushings, Enduro heim joints, frame & axle brackets from Barnes 4wd. I picked up an extra set of free u-bolts plates from the junk yard and welded some brackets to them. I used 2"/.250 wall DOM tubing. Overall length is 64" and have $250 all in. Very happy with the results.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Just installed my 3" drop shackles last week. I'm waiting on new rims so I can mount tires. Can anyone with 305/50s and 3" shackles tell me what their measurement between wheel well and tire is? I'm just curious how close some people are, if I can clear new rims I might take overloads out..

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
I should be getting my wheels in any day now, they're 20x10 -12 offset and 5.0" bs, I know I'll have to do some trimming but was wondering if I could make them fit with 3" drop shackles and lowered stock keys, or could I even go 3" shackles with OL removed and stock keys lowered to match? I'd like to remove the OLs but don't know if I can get the front that low..I want it level or slightly lower in the front if possible (say 1/2")