lowered truck pics

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I'm assuming...yes it's scary, that the short bed springs and long bed leafs are different lengths. Reason i ask is what are the lengths of the leafs on the 2500 long bed pick ups. I'm curious which leafs to pull in order to make the 3500 set into a 2500 set. I'd ditch the over loads but I don't have traction bars so don't want to create any un necessary axle wrap.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
For the guys that do 3" shackles and pull the overloads, is a pinion angle adjustment needed?

I didn't put a pinion shim in and drove like that for a year before adding 2" hangers also. I noticed no difference , no vibrations or anything like that.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Whose hangers and what setting did you use on the schackles, did you remove any leaves in the spring pack?

I got 2" hangers from airbagit, originally I had the shackles on the lowest setting but the ass end was too low for the front to match so they are on the 3rd hole now instead of the 4th hole. No springs removed besides the overload

RyanSaiki

Dec 23, 2014
Here are some pics of my truck. Lowered on stock torsion keys and has 3" shackles in the rear. Im thinking I want to lower it another 1.5" in the front and get hangers for the rear to make it sit level. Here's a few pictures of how it sits now and the last picture is with my Nova

Attachments

• dmax2.jpg
    dmax2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 154
  • dmax3.jpg
    dmax3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 159
  • dmaxnova.jpg
    dmaxnova.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 123

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Have fun with the hangers... I pulled the bed and did them on my first LBZ in 2009 and will never lower a duramax that low ever again :roflmao:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Here are some pics of my truck. Lowered on stock torsion keys and has 3" shackles in the rear. Im thinking I want to lower it another 1.5" in the front and get hangers for the rear to make it sit level. Here's a few pictures of how it sits now and the last picture is with my Nova

Just pull the overload spring and call it good. That truck would be prefect then! It's pretty good looking!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
started as a DJM 3/5, wanted lower, came down to a 4/6 and had 1" of frame to axle clearance with KYB rear shocks set on stiffest.

I added 2" drop spindles to the front LCA's DJM sent me to lower the front more, and did 3" hangers and 5.5" shackles and pulled all but 3 leafs in the back with traction bars.

285/50 nitto 420's.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
started as a DJM 3/5, wanted lower, came down to a 4/6 and had 1" of frame to axle clearance with KYB rear shocks set on stiffest.

I added 2" drop spindles to the front LCA's DJM sent me to lower the front more, and did 3" hangers and 5.5" shackles and pulled all but 3 leafs in the back with traction bars.

285/50 nitto 420's.

Looks good! Wouldn't mind my regular cab sitting that low if it wasn't my daily driver/ tow rig.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I found the limit of the stock CV shafts rather quickly and how much angle they could take before popping out of the joint when I would turn lock to lock. took me 4 sets of broken ones to put spacers in them and not have any more issues.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Hell I ordered the notch kit from DJM's 6/8 2wd dmax kit and never put it in because I was so scared of ruining the truck. Glad I didn't because the guy that bought it said he wouldn't have if I cut the frame.:roflmao:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Hell I ordered the notch kit from DJM's 6/8 2wd dmax kit and never put it in because I was so scared of ruining the truck. Glad I didn't because the guy that bought it said he wouldn't have if I cut the frame.:roflmao:

The only way anyone will get my truck is if I die or total it. So the cutting will commence soon.

I had to take off the bumpstops and I only have 1.5" of travel from axle pad to frame and tons of marks from hitting frame.

RyanSaiki

Dec 23, 2014
Maybe I won't do the hangers then.. I had the over loads out before but it would hop like crazy when I got on it. Is there any other fix for that besides traction bars? Also I will need to do air bags in the rear because I tow my car with the truck. All this sounds like is more $$$$$. Stupid trucks!
BTW Hondarider, I love the way your LBZ sat