Lowered duramax

Drrrty

Dec 26, 2015
Sweet truck. Just ordered shackles tonight to drop mine. So you're 3" lower in the back plus the overload makes it 4"? And the bolts are pulled out of the front? Is this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
29439e841cfad65f74da502d9e630c44.jpg

No with 3" shackles it only drops about half that unless you do the hangers too. I have maybe 2.5-3" total and bolts out yes

Drrrty

Dec 26, 2015
Once you actually lower it the traction bars won't be the first thing that hits. I've taken huge chunks of speed bumps out with my trans crossmember. I've only hit the front hanger of the traction bar a few times.

9c1d48777f7d99db4074bf02a8b0068f.jpg
it's already lowered. Staying this way for awhile because I still use it for now. Just a nice clean look.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
No with 3" shackles it only drops about half that unless you do the hangers too. I have maybe 2.5-3" total and bolts out yes

3" drop shackles drop it 3".. Hence the name..

Now a shackle that's 3" longer the factory will only drop the truck 1.5" however true 3" drop shackles are 6" longer than factory..

Drrrty

Dec 26, 2015
3" drop shackles drop it 3".. Hence the name..

Now a shackle that's 3" longer the factory will only drop the truck 1.5" however true 3" drop shackles are 6" longer than factory..

Nah unless you do the sprig hangers it'll only drop it half. It's been discussed on forums before

oil99

Jan 28, 2014
It's true the pivot point is the front hanger so 3" drop shackles are only half give or take. Unless the front hanger is moved up you don't get the full drop.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
9c1d48777f7d99db4074bf02a8b0068f.jpg
it's already lowered. Staying this way for awhile because I still use it for now. Just a nice clean look.

It was a poke fun joke. I mean once you actually lower it :thumb: yours looks stock compared to mine :D
picture.php
picture.php

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The shackle debate drives me crazy, you are only lowering half of the rear end if you do shackles, that's only half of the spring pack that is going lower.

Drrrty

Dec 26, 2015
The shackle debate drives me crazy, you are only lowering half of the rear end if you do shackles, that's only half of the spring pack that is going lower.

Exactly! And I love your truck! I've been debating a djm 3/5 drop but I already rubbed. For now it's more go fast stuff than may consider 3/5 with different wheels

Drrrty

Dec 26, 2015
4270565c0d3d68996aa550c067566cc6.jpg
07887c104a0ea818e616b67a5fa9f439.jpg
I'm slammed compared to my brodozer buddies

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm just going odd my old jeep days.. Next truck I do shackles on I'll measure for shits and giggles

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Exactly! And I love your truck! I've been debating a djm 3/5 drop but I already rubbed. For now it's more go fast stuff than may consider 3/5 with different wheels

I turned my 3/5 into a 4/6. Since my wheels are +12 or something like that i didnt rub too bad.

If you can source the parts separately you'll save at least half off the "kit". Just gotta do your homework.

Drrrty

Dec 26, 2015
I turned my 3/5 into a 4/6. Since my wheels are +12 or something like that i didnt rub too bad.

If you can source the parts separately you'll save at least half off the "kit". Just gotta do your homework.

Really didn't know that? Thanks. For the rear ideally all I need is hangers

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
It depends how low you wanna go. I got decent priced hangers from airbagit.

but If I could do it all over again I would do stock hangers and stock shackles and do an axle flip. At this point I have to c-notch the frame to gain any clearance I have about 1" between axle to frame. And I can't run caltracs either. I already bought the c-notch once and returned it because I didn't have the balls to hack up my frame.

For the front I still think I'm gonna change it up and do the 2" drop spindles I have bad alignment angles that are giving me tire wear... but then again I can launch at 10psi with one finger on the steering wheel so yeah :D

Drrrty

Dec 26, 2015
It depends how low you wanna go. I got decent priced hangers from airbagit.

but If I could do it all over again I would do stock hangers and stock shackles and do an axle flip. At this point I have to c-notch the frame to gain any clearance I have about 1" between axle to frame. And I can't run caltracs either. I already bought the c-notch once and returned it because I didn't have the balls to hack up my frame.

For the front I still think I'm gonna change it up and do the 2" drop spindles I have bad alignment angles that are giving me tire wear... but then again I can launch at 10psi with one finger on the steering wheel so yeah :D

Honestly I'd like to go a little lower. Brian (hondarider) told me not to run caltracs if I plan to go lower that's why I went with cognitos. I like racing my truck and launching so I may stick with this stance for now and add more go fast goodies and get my trans built by Mike soon. After all that I'll probably go another inch or so front and back.