LB7: Low oil pressure, bad oil leak the oil smells like diesel is in it.

Tactical Camel

No Boost Noah
May 28, 2017
Mississippi
:(I just replaced my injectors myself and I took it for a short ride to see if everything is working properly, everything was just fine until I drove 30 minutes to my girlfriends house on the interstate. By the time I was a few minutes from her house my low oil pressure light came on and when I checked my truck the whole frame was covered in oil and my dipstick showed no oil at all and the oil smelled like diesel. I'm thinking maybe my fuel return line leaked fuel into my oil. Any ideas?

ChrisPerry

Apr 4, 2016
Ventura, CA
If a return line was loose the crankcase would be full of oil and diesel. If crankcase is empty start looking for an external oil leak.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
Are you sure the crankcase is empty,because if you have 2 gals of diesel in with the oil , it being diluted that much it might look like its empty,but its way overfilled but the dipstick looks clear!

Tactical Camel

No Boost Noah
May 28, 2017
Mississippi
It was a loose return line bolt, it's fixed. I I changed the oil and there was about a gallon or two of diesel mixed in. I put oil in but it had a couple of quarts that had been used but it wasn't showing but half way on the dipstick so I filled it up till showed full drove it for a while to make sure everything was ok and my oil pressure is where it should be, no leaks from the crankcase.