Low maf reading

Kunz111

Jan 16, 2016
I lied. I didn’t mark the mafs good enough and I put back in my original sensor. Once I figured that out I put in my buddies sensor and truck runs great now. So I’m going to order up a sensor from GM and call it a day. What a mess. Thank you everyone for the help!!

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I was about to chime in with a "try another MAF" before reading your last post. The 09 is a PWM unit, which means it reads in HZ not 0-5V like an LBZ or older units. So a flaky harness wire would most likely result in zero signal or the correct reading. Not a low reading.. Glad to hear you fixed it.

Funny story last week totally related, from my new daily 6.7L powerstroke. Starts setting a MIL for MAF. I check it with a SnapOn and it reads 432grams per sec at key on, and 433grams at WOT. Ok, bad MAF.. Replace the MAF, no change code remains.

Get on the PS forums and run the code"s", because I completely overlooked the GPCM and Network error codes when I saw the word "MAF". Very common issue. Was just a blown fuse due to a open sensor connector back on the frame rail I'd forgot to tape up. Found it funny the MAF actually tracked correctly, but way off scale...

Attachments

• 20200315_164709.jpg
    20200315_164709.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Kunz111

Jan 16, 2016
Glad I got it figured out too. Kinda pisses me off but oh well. I guess from now on I’ll be getting that stuff from GM. Going to do some logs this weekend and send them to get looked at and make sure things are looking good and maybe get a little more outta it.