Help: low lift psi

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
I posted in another thread but thought i would start one of my own .

I just finished installing dual cp3's two days ago . I have been running an air dog 165 for 2 plus yrs , no upgraded pick up . today I installed a glow shift 30 psi fuel press gauge and noticed it was sitting at 5 psi @ idle and with just key on not running . so I adjusted the pump all the way in to raise psi , best I can get is 8 psi . I changed the filter 3 days ago but not water separator . problem is it will go to 0 psi at wot . anyone think the pump is taking a dump on me or maybe water separator is clogged ????? or maybe with the dual kit I need to upgrade the pickup to a sump?

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Would putting a fuel log fitting after airdog with liquid filled gauge show you the pressure and you could watch it when you set your regulator under there it would seem. Think it's said 12 psi is good for flow from lift pump. Don't know what you have after Airdog under hood ie. factory filter deleted etc. or what. Just a what if I did it thing.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
filter has been deleted ....... may need to install a mechanical gauge . Bummmer is I have a dyno event on saturday

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I myself have a Glowshift 30psi fuel pressure gauge with a electric sender. Only see 5 psi out of my Airdog 150. Ordered new filters and may stretch the pressure spring if that doesn't work. Maybe the Glowshift gauges suck? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
FWIW, I've never seen a GlowShit gauge that was reliable for any length of time. I wouldn't trust that gauge at all. At least borrow a "known good" gauge to verify your reading before you start chasing your tail.