Loud bang in reverse

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
At this point you need to take it to someone who knows what they're doing. We can't see what you're looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ec210b

Jan 18, 2017
Clrussel
You may not be trying to be a dick but you obviously are. I just wanted to know what it would cost to know if I'm getting ripped off or not. I'm gunna trade it in next week for another brand new one. Maybe clrussel will get it to upgrade from his 01 that doesn't run. Thebac ain't much better. You other guys were cool.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Clrussel
You may not be trying to be a dick but you obviously are. I just wanted to know what it would cost to know if I'm getting ripped off or not. I'm gunna trade it in next week for another brand new one. Maybe clrussel will get it to upgrade from his 01 that doesn't run. Thebac ain't much better. You other guys were cool.

No need to get all bent out of shape. People come on here all the time and ask what's wrong and disappear. And expect us to diagnose what's wrong with no real information, pictures, or any diagnosis.

It's impossible for us to tell you what it would cost because we have no idea what's wrong and what needs to be fixed. It also depends where you live and what shop you go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Clrussel

Aaaahahahahahaha I hurt the new guys feelings. Sorry but if you can't handle the job then find a shop who you trust that can. A good shop will not rip you off in anyway. If you can't find a shop you fully trust then sell it and get a new one.. and FYI I've probably owned more duramaxes this year then you have period. My 01 doesn't run because I choose to spend time with my young family.

Have a good day bud, if your in southern mo bring it by the shop and and I'll personally check your truck and pinpoint your problem and give you a fair quote.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Hey brother dont get upset with these guys. Like some one stated, on this forum we get alot of people who come through and want us to pretty much hold their hand the whole time, tell them whats wrong, how much things cost and how to fix it all while the poster is un mechanically inclined and has a "friend" that can help them. Then we get second party information relayed to us with no pictures. It happens alot. Maybe now you can get the reasoning behind the un heartfelt responses. all we can give is suggestions and support. I would think most of these guys are like me in the sense. If your not willing to get down and get your hands dirty and try your damn'dess then dont waste our time and take it to the dealer or a shop and pay them for what you dont know or want to learn. I truly hope that you get your truck back on the road and running.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D61FEAQ/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3879I4NVH76UL

For the rearend

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181927...7290-0%26rvr_id%3D1157368097875&ul_noapp=true

For the tcase just buy new shift fork for $100

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I don't get the entitlement mindset from some. Being rude on the internet? :roflmao: So what!

We are helping each other out, for free, in our spare time, and we get nothing in return. Most of us are willing to help, just because it is the right thing to do. But we aren't psychic, and can't diagnose without all the info, and sometimes even then, some things just need torn down before anyone can tell what is wrong.

That said, if you read a few threads, everyone was super polite by our standards. Members here can be... abrasive, to put it mildly.

Most of the members on this site are into diesel performance in a big way. Trying new things, pushing the boundaries. As such, the site gets a (well deserved) reputation of having a lot of knowledge. But because everyone works so hard to find what we did, if there is a perception that we are getting strung along or that someone isn't willing to put in the effort, well, why should we help?

You should have all the parts costs after the last post (unless you do actually need new gears, but again, someone will have to look in person). Find a shop that you trust, and let them do their job.

And don't get bent out of shape, we help best we can with the info we get, don't mind the attitude. It is the internet, for crying out loud...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Clrussel

Im not here to be "cool". I agreed with Arek's assessment that you find a shop to work on your truck, b/c you obviously have no idea what you're doing.
I dont care if you dont like that opinion. It is the truth.