LLY: lost dash

bluepittsrace

bow ties or nothing
Jan 8, 2014
circleville,ohio
I know these trucks are always having stepper motor problems but I was wondering if it is common to loose everyone at same time feels to me that would be something else that feeds cluster with power or ground ive checked and replaced every fuse and unbolted and cleaned ground beside front cab mount so has anyone else lost everything at once and had it to be something other than dash that I can check before sending dash out the only thing working on the dash is back lighting , turn signal, glow plug light, and check engine light I lost every gauge, and info center at bottom of dash also is there any good recommendation for repair of dash around southern ohio

fc8464

Jun 26, 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
I would pull the cluster loose and wiggle the conection and see if you get any thing from your gauges. If nothing I would verify battery voltage on pin B11, ignition voltage on B9 and then ground on B12. If those are good check class 2 serial data on A6. Fred

Attachments

• 1516292.gif  lly05.jpg
    1516292.gif lly05.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 25

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I had it where my gauges quite all but the tach and speedometer. I unplugged the cluster and plugged it back in and it works fine now. But I still get it where the gauge cluster randomly seems to reboot while driving, this happened about onces every couple months. I would really like to know what is wrong.

fc8464

Jun 26, 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
Most of the gauges are getting there information from the class 2 serial data. If power and grounds good check serial data at A6. If you have a scan tool see if you can communicate with IPC.

bluepittsrace

bow ties or nothing
Jan 8, 2014
circleville,ohio
dash replaced and working again took mine apart and seen nothing discolored or burnt had buddy use dash and everything lit and worked so it is for sure capable of loosing it all in one shot thanks for the replies I may try figuring mine out if I can keep some hair left getting thin after this past week