loss of power no codes help!

Oct 21, 2009
Truck got a new trans drove it 500 miles and now all the sudden the truck is loosing power, not sure if its the trans it will be fine then act like its cutting out. No codes......... I'm not even sure where to look except fuel filter but my gut fEeling is its the trans some how.... Any ideas suggestions. Will be driving fine then seems to loose power or not want to go any faster. I will try to get a video

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
is it cold where you are? bad fuel can gell quickly. I've had it happen here in Illinois. Try changing your fuel filter. If you can, drain the fuel somewhere and take a look at it. If not, I've found putting a bottle of red power service will bring back badish fuel.

Oct 21, 2009
It wasn't cold today it happened after I had got fuel mayve ten minutes later, but also at this time I had the truck turned up and was playing

Oct 21, 2009
Put some additives in it and changed filter and drained fluid into a clear bottle could not tell if there was water in it or not........ Guess I'll drain it all this time and swap filter again and try again, still no codes and runs fine if u slightly give it fuel punch it and it dies out.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
^^ beat me to it. :rofl:

If it were injectors, they wouldnt necessarily throw a code. More than likely bad fuel.